what've you been up to?

We really do want something with great gas mileage, we'll take any suggestions (but prefer all seats to be intact).

In before Chikken says to get a motorcycle (we've had that conversation PLENTY, trust me).

We are looking at moving a little farther out of the city, which means Knyte will be farther from work, and I don't want to have to spend a bunch more on gas then I already do.

I hate to say it, but a new Cobalt XFE gets great mileage and roomy enough for 5. Really tree hugging I would say a Prius but there is no room for anything inside.

Focuses aren't too bad and you can do 35mpg without really trying.

Corvettes get almost 30mpg :shiftyeyes:

saw my first 2 smart cars in the US in NYC last week...I've seen a ton in EU but those were my first here

the smart roadster is kinda cool...wonder if they'll be bringing that over

roadster3.jpg
i wouldn't see the point of bringing it over. i've seen at least two smart cars in Fort Worth (or maybe the same one twice)

I hate to say it, but a new Cobalt XFE gets great mileage and roomy enough for 5. Really tree hugging I would say a Prius but there is no room for anything inside.

Focuses aren't too bad and you can do 35mpg without really trying.

Corvettes get almost 30mpg :shiftyeyes:

I don't care about room inside, it's Kyle's car and just needs to get him around. As far as corvettes, we'll never own one. There are so many better looking sports cars out there.

diesel jetta's can get 40-50mpg and some people have seen over 50mpg with some tweaking

Oh I completely forgot that route.

Kiwi, a jetta wagon TDI. room for the family and their stuff, convert it to run on SVO (which will be esay for you in a place that doesn't freeze) and get free fuel from McDs.

ooo ooo i just got antiques roadshow tickets for chattanooga in july. my parents have been trying to get tickets for years, and this year they made all their kids and their SOs try for tickets. WELL my SIL, dad, brother and i all won tickets...wouldn't it figure? now i have to try to find something of worth/history to take if we're going. :fly:

how long until companies/restaurants start charging for their waste?

An area in Oberlin, OH, where they do these conversions, is charging a nominal fee to get their used veggy oil already.

Rather than paying to have to disposed like they used to, they are CHARGING for it.

From what Ive read, most place are charging. Its rough to find it for free...

They ahve to throw it away anyway. Most places used to be charged a disposal fee. Now McDs is charging the fee to get it disposed of.