Whats up with Nascar people?

Valve1138

I like the AB in the GB
Oct 19, 2004
South Harmon Institute of Technology
Marklar
₥70,296
Maybe it's just because I live in Maine :rolleyes:

But people acutally make it a point to watch Nascar.

Is Nascar supposed to be exciting and entertaining?

"Oh look another left turn, yippee!"

"I love Dale Earnhart, he's so great"

"Wow, they changed those tires so fast!"

What in the fucking fuck!

Would someone please explain this shit to me?

I have some necks in my family who have tried to give me the gist of why they enjoy it. This has fallen, however, on deaf ears.

I know that fuel consumption/fill-up timing coupled with tire wear/changes and the ability to feel out what your particular car's settings on a given track tend to be play as much a part as the driving itself. Even armed with this information I cannot, for the life of me, find an ounce of interest.

I'd rather watch a basketball game and that says a lot.

I also fail to see the allure. However, they manage to pack in almost half a million people for most of the races. Try getting half a million people to go to a football, basketball, or baseball game.

yeah, I totally don't get it.

I've never understood it either. I can watch MotoGP and it will keep me fairly well entertained, but I've probably watched less than 5 minutes total of NASCRAP in my entire life.

In Texas it's a way of life in some parts. People forego house payments to get tickets to the ridiculously large Texas Motor Speedway.

I don't get it either. If they were ramming into each other and trying to take each other out it would be cool. Like a 200-mph demolition derby.

I also don't get how a guy who drives a car can become some kind of cultural icon. It's absurd. I just expect more out of life than to sit for hour after hour watching cars drive around in a circle.

fly said:
I also fail to see the allure. However, they manage to pack in almost half a million people for most of the races. Try getting half a million people to go to a football, basketball, or baseball game.

yeah, I totally don't get it.
Simple. They can drink beer with out the woman yelling at them. You can't get a housewife to the noise shit pot of nascar. It's also because a lot of southerners are fans. They can't stand anything more complicated.

djduquet said:
Simple. They can drink beer with out the woman yelling at them. You can't get a housewife to the noise shit pot of nascar. It's also because a lot of southerners are fans. They can't stand anything more complicated.

At least 50% of those crowds are women.

Also, Fly should go and try to pick up some men.

Nascarbeast.jpg

Last edited:
Racing needs a change..

How about go carts with guns, you run over boxes and you get bombs, and an assortment of boobytraps and weapons.

That racing would kick ass, they should make it into a game.

Nascar sucks. I had the "pleasure" of attended the Pepsi Firecracker 400 in Daytona Beach a few Julys ago. You could not PAY me to go back.

1. You spend $125 a ticket, to sit in chairs, propped on BLEACHERS.

2. In said bleachers you are crammed in between two sceaming drunk fans; mostly dudes; mostly > 250 lbs.

3. In case you didn't know, it is over 95 degrees in Florida in July and when you are at the track, the heat is intensified.

4. It's three hours (at least) long

5. The bathrooms are hidious

6. There is only one main road out of Daytona. We sat in traffic for almost 4 hours after trying to reach the interstate and the closest vacant hotel is in Orlando.

7. Food and Beer stands are situated UNDER the bleachers. People poor beer, spit, food, whatever funk is in their hands on the BLEACHERS, which of course dribbles down and into the food/beer/bathroom area. It is almost as if it is raining; BUT SMELLS REALLY FUCKING BAD.

8. You can't hear when you leave

POSTIVES:

1. nice fireworks display

2. you can rent scanners and listen to the drivers talk to their spotters which is entertaining even if it is only for a few minutes.

Last edited:
Candy said:
This is a perfect example of what you are crammed between when you are sitting the chairs, proped up on the stupid bleachers.

somehow, i figured you were a fan