What's the Best Thing about Hump Day?

We have both, compacted soil and bad composition. Very sandy and clay like dirt.

Plus we need to keep the lawn nice. I don't want to be THOSE people that give the neighborhood a trashy feel. Gotta respect the neighbors.

Yeah so we get pegged ALOT by HOA already. At least once a quarter we get a photo of our offense in our mailbox.

Grass, driveway mold, mailbox dent, etc. Sigh.

Yeah so we get pegged ALOT by HOA already. At least once a quarter we get a photo of our offense in our mailbox.

Grass, driveway mold, mailbox dent, etc. Sigh.

the 2 places I want to buy condos in have HOAs of $400 a month which is astronomical for here...no pool, no tennis courts, no parking, nada...$400 per/m

no shit...I love both of these buildings too which makes it difficult but there's no way I can bring myself to flush $400 a month down the toilet

my HOA is 500$ a year and Im pissed about THAT, let alone a monthly payment
And they dont do crap for me. I get a letter about an "unauthorized" bird bath in my front garden while I have the frikkin beverly hillbillys living next door to me.

Also, the HOA wants their payment right at christmas time. Assholes.

We have both, compacted soil and bad composition. Very sandy and clay like dirt.

Plus we need to keep the lawn nice. I don't want to be THOSE people that give the neighborhood a trashy feel. Gotta respect the neighbors.

The only thing you can really do is till the whole mess, add whatever it is youre missing and reseed.

Provided it's not used like a sports field insects are normally enough to provide aeration. Uh, plant hot weather mix, bemuda/St. Augustine, bermuda mixes are more drought tolerant.

I normally add peat moss, composted cow shit, and blood meal to sandy soil (I live on a lake bed, super pure dusty sand). You dont have to do the whole thing on one go, you can divide it up into sectors. Just make sure you get a good two shovel lengths down in the severely compacted parts. Dont walk on it, and dont fiddle with it. See shoots in 14-20 days.

The only thing you can really do is till the whole mess, add whatever it is youre missing and reseed.

Provided it's not used like a sports field insects are normally enough to provide aeration. Uh, plant hot weather mix, bemuda/St. Augustine, bermuda mixes are more drought tolerant.

I normally add peat moss, composted cow shit, and blood meal to sandy soil (I live on a lake bed, super pure dusty sand). You dont have to do the whole thing on one go, you can divide it up into sectors. Just make sure you get a good two shovel lengths down in the severely compacted parts. Dont walk on it, and dont fiddle with it. See shoots in 14-20 days.

I already know this. ;)

Couple things about HOAs btw.

They are at best annoying, at worst they are totalitarian. There is no legal requirement for their bylaws to comply with the constitution since they are corporations. http://www.njlawblog.com/2007/07/ar...te-rights-provided-by-the-state-constitution/

There are NO limits to what they can compel you to do in your own home.

In Texas, they can foreclose on your house with no judicial hearing (even banks cant do this). In Florida it requires a judicial hearing and you need a clause for it in your deed.

The board of a HOA or the president or however it is setup is not required to be democratic, and they are not legally liable for anything done in their capacity as members of the board etc.

For all that, there are no studies linking house value to HOAs. There are several negative correlation studies though because many people are less willing to live in an area with a HOA.

If you look at the amount of law firms that have taken over HOA's across the country to run them as a profit center, the reasoning behind the huge amount of bullshit bylaws they put in place to generate revenue through fines begins to show.

HOA's are just another scam by those in the legal profession to fleece as much money out of american's as possible.