Whats happening for lunch guys?

I don't know, and damn am I hungry. I'm gonna check on the status of my Costco membership and if it's ready, get something there.

So far I've had a tomato, some goldfish crackers, and some yogos. I really should eat a real lunch but haven't had time to sit down and make it yet.

theacoustician said:
Leave him alone. You'd be upset too if someone stole your lucky charms.
Aye, they stopped selling them in the UK years ago. One of the first things I bought when I got there, then quickly got sick of them.

Galen said:
I'm back and all. Fucking hate the place still, might book a flight back over tomorrow or something.

You're already home? I thought you just got to Canada. Christ time flies.

Sarcasmo said:
You're already home? I thought you just got to Canada. Christ time flies.
Had to sort out a University irregularity over here. Don't know where I'll go though, tempted to take a year out instead of starting back in a few weeks. Fucking place is 100x more depressing than it originally was, pissing with rain, Eastern-euro's everywhere...

Galen said:
Had to sort out a University irregularity over here. Don't know where I'll go though, tempted to take a year out instead of starting back in a few weeks. Fucking place is 100x more depressing than it originally was, pissing with rain, Eastern-euro's everywhere...

Hey, look pal: Eastern europe has been pretty badly abused for the last few thousand years. That sort of thing leaves a strong mark on a populace. Don't be all patting yourself on the back just because your people had invented pants by the fall of the Roman empire. There's a reason we aren't all speaking Mongolian right now, and that reason happens to be the defiance of a hundred generations of Slavs.

All hyperbole aside: there's a whole other culture over there. Having an Ukrainian grandfather and a German/Polish grandmother can be a real education in downtrodden populations.

itburnswhenipee said:
Hey, look pal: Eastern europe has been pretty badly abused for the last few thousand years. That sort of thing leaves a strong mark on a populace. Don't be all patting yourself on the back just because your people had invented pants by the fall of the Roman empire. There's a reason we aren't all speaking Mongolian right now, and that reason happens to be the defiance of a hundred generations of Slavs.

All hyperbole aside: there's a whole other culture over there. Having an Ukrainian grandfather and a German/Polish grandmother can be a real education in downtrodden populations.
I don't disagree with that, it just seems that we get the absolute scummiest, shiftless layabout ones that want to do nothing other than drink and cause trouble, and there's no way to stop them coming here due to the whole free travel and settlement with in the EU zone thing.

These are all the people their own countries don't want, and here they are, nothing known about them or their past free to do anything they please.

Galen said:
I don't disagree with that, it just seems that we get the absolute scummiest, shiftless layabout ones that want to do nothing other than drink and cause trouble, and there's no way to stop them coming here due to the whole free travel and settlement with in the EU zone thing.

These are all the people their own countries don't want, and here they are, nothing known about them or their past free to do anything they please.

wow, freedom's a bitch, huh? :p

Galen said:

If slavs had brown skin we could call you racist you know.

'Course, it's always disappointing to meet a stereotype, isn't it?

itburnswhenipee said:
If slavs had brown skin we could call you racist you know.

'Course, it's always disappointing to meet a stereotype, isn't it?
I invite you to live here for a few weeks and see if you're still understanding from afar.

Stereotyping is a horrible thing, and I'm sure you know 2 or 3 eastern euro's that are amazing people, and that's great. Try living with a few thousand of them.

Galen said:
I invite you to live here for a few weeks and see if you're still understanding from afar.

Stereotyping is a horrible thing, and I'm sure you know 2 or 3 eastern euro's that are amazing people, and that's great. Try living with a few thousand of them.

No, I think I understand where you're coming from. It's just that that kind of thing a such an extra-ordinary no-no in the states that I daren't touch it with a three-and-one-third meter pole.

I imagine no matter where you go you'll find a local population of eastern-euros or [admin edits] or pakis or coolies or sand-[admin edits] or whateverthehell the local 'nuisance' population happens to be. The point is that, much like the hasty disclaimers mumbled during advertisements for mutual funds, past performance is no guarantee of future results. That's the tricky bit.

today i had cake, some banana pudding/nila waffers, sausage pizza, french fries, and rice with chicken and dumplings(i think that is what it was).

having a buffet for a cafeteria is pretty cool.