Food What's for breakfast UF?

was there a post about this by you anywhere so the rest of us could take advantage of it? tyvmdiaf

No, I was busy all weekend and missed it. I'd be willing to bet that Starbucks simply deletes all that 'money' anyway. Would have helped more people try that $40 drink over the weekend though... :lol:

ahem, neat pic.

HOW DID IT TASTE???

Not as good as it looked. The pheasant and venison hadn't been hung long enough to acquire the full gamey flavour. The crust BTW IBWIP is a hot water crust that's meant to be like that. It's the common pastry for pork pies as it will stand without a tin whilst being cooked. For this effort I didn't marinade the meats as I wanted a baseline game pie. Next time (which will be next autumn now as a lot is out of season) I'll use a marinade. The total weight BTW was just under 2kg.

You missed out on a deal over the weekend. Apparently, Starbucks had some thing where you sign up on the web with your Starbucks frequent buyer card (or whatever stupid, elitist name they have for it) and get a $5 credit. Only they didn't verify the sign up name, address, or email. People racked up thousands.

I just had gift cards. A number of the exec assistants were giving them out for xmas.

Last edited:
I saw something the other day where professional taste tasters rated their coffee in a blind test worse than Dunkin, McDonald's and Wendy's saying something to the effect of "this shouldn't even be considered coffee."

I saw something the other day where professional taste tasters rated their coffee in a blind test worse than Dunkin, McDonald's and Wendy's saying something to the effect of "this shouldn't even be considered coffee."

and somehow wendys rated highest in that study...

McDonalds has the same stuff as Starbucks only it's at least half the price, always consistent in taste (doesn't depend on a barista), and fast.

McDonalds has the same stuff as Starbucks only it's at least half the price, always consistent in taste (doesn't depend on a barista), and fast.

If consistency means burnt or not burnt, then sure. But otherwise McDonald's coffee is horrific. I am a Starbucks whore because espresso is the only thing that gives me any sort of jolt, and my mocha always tastes soo good. I don't have anything else nearby, besides dunks so, this it is. But, I love it.

Coffee is delicious. Unfortunately, their brewed coffee tastes like it came out of a dead hobo's asshole. And just about anything else good there is like 700 calories.

Werdd. How the he'll anyone can drink that shit is beyond me. Cappuccino, latte, ftw