Food What's for breakfast UF?

If I could get someone to make high calorie sugar laden cereal locally, I'd eat that too.

for high calories, I do
1/4 cup steel cut oats (170 cal)
1 cup blueberry yogurt (170 cal)
4 oz 2% milk (61 cal)
1 banana (100 cal)

=501 cals!

mix everything but the banana the night before & eat it cold out of whatever container you put it in.

I guess if you're disgusted by yogurt. But too much work? it's 8oz of yogurt more than pouring milk on your knock off cereal. + eating a banana. Exhausting for you?

Perhaps sleeping by the fridge, with raw bacon on the lower shelf when you wake up is more suitable?

LOFL!

Today I grace mah tummy with 4 egg whites, a vanilla protein shake and 1 slice of whole grains bread (11 grains!!!) and a bottle of water :)

YxSEA1L.jpg

coffee only

If you like yogurt, it's that with crunchies in it. The oats have almost no flavor next to the flavored yogurt. & you're only adding milk because the oats will suck the moisture out of the yogurt and make it as thick as frosting without it.

it's not as cool as being able to say ciabatta and starbucks tho! lol.

If you like yogurt, it's that with crunchies in it. The oats have almost no flavor next to the flavored yogurt. & you're only adding milk because the oats will suck the moisture out of the yogurt and make it as thick as frosting without it.

it's not as cool as being able to say ciabatta and starbucks tho! lol.

Letting mush ferment in the fridge overnight doesn't sound very appetizing. Has nothing to do with sounding cool.

Letting mush ferment in the fridge overnight doesn't sound very appetizing. Has nothing to do with sounding cool.

LOL @ ferment.

steel cut oats are rock hard.

In the morning, to make them soft enough to eat you 'cook' them in water for about 15 mins. (you might call that hot fermenting)

If you don't want to spend time cooking them in the morning, you can let them soak in the yogurt & milk over night - takes about 2 mins to make (you would call that ferment)

either way, those carbs burn nice and slowly all morning, & not like a piece of toast or bowl of cereal.

look up glycemic index.

Last edited: