Food What's for breakfast UF?

True.

So far I've only smoked pork shoulder and ribs. I've got a big pork rib roast in the freezer I'm wondering what I'm gonna do with, normally I'd roast such a thing in the oven but I'm contemplating something on the smoker.

A rib roast I'd cook at 200 degrees in the oven until it reaches an internal temp of 145 or so. Then pull it from the oven to rest and set your oven to 500 or hotter. After the meat rests for 20-30 minutes pop it back in the oven to get a nice sear on the outside. Slice and serve immediately.

Thinking about getting a big bowl of steamed muscles. That sounds nice and healthy after yesterdays bbq gluttony.

A rib roast I'd cook at 200 degrees in the oven until it reaches an internal temp of 145 or so. Then pull it from the oven to rest and set your oven to 500 or hotter. After the meat rests for 20-30 minutes pop it back in the oven to get a nice sear on the outside. Slice and serve immediately.
Hmm, I'll probably do that. I'll give it a good rub of garlic/thyme/whatever a few hours prior, and baste it a bunch of times when it roasts.

Thinking about getting a big bowl of steamed muscles. That sounds nice and healthy after yesterdays bbq gluttony.
BBQ's actually pretty healthy - low/slow renders out almost all the fat, so you're pretty much eating pure protein. Sides and sauce are the unhealthy parts.

And mussels? bitch please, I can pick them wild here in NS. Can't do that shit across the street in atlanta :D

Hmm, I'll probably do that. I'll give it a good rub of garlic/thyme/whatever a few hours prior, and baste it a bunch of times when it roasts.

BBQ's actually pretty healthy - low/slow renders out almost all the fat, so you're pretty much eating pure protein. Sides and sauce are the unhealthy parts.

And mussels? bitch please, I can pick them wild here in NS. Can't do that shit across the street in atlanta :D

Joint downstairs flies everything in fresh. McCormick & Schmick's.

i would blowtorck it instead of 500 in the oven because, hey, blowtorch.

k, but renowned chef Thomas Keller uses a blowtorch, in his cookbook Ad Hoc. Torch it, then low oven.

Started out with some lobster bisque. They brought the bowl out with just a pile of fresh lobster in the bottom and then poured the hot bisque on top from a gravy boat. Delicious. Croutons and fresh cracked pepper on top.

lzaKavK.jpg

Then the mussels. I should have moved the toast off to the side so you can see what's going on back there. Not pictured on side, a big crusty chunk of fresh baked bread that I ate half of on top of the toast.

byNYblI.jpg

Started out with some lobster bisque. They brought the bowl out with just a pile of fresh lobster in the bottom and then poured the hot bisque on top from a gravy boat. Delicious. Croutons and fresh cracked pepper on top.

lzaKavK.jpg

Then the mussels. I should have moved the toast off to the side so you can see what's going on back there. Not pictured on side, a big crusty chunk of fresh baked bread that I ate half of on top of the toast.

byNYblI.jpg

I would slore with anyone for a good bowl of lobster bisque. :drool:

lzaKavK.jpg

byNYblI.jpg

OMFGGGGGG
I want this meow!!!