Food What's for breakfast UF?

I can understand if the typical method of preparation makes a horrible dish and it is that dish's flavor or texture they dont like. However in that case I would expect the person asking to ask "why dont you like it?" as opposed to "have you ever tried it?"

For example, okra typically gets prepared by making it slimy, where fried or grilled okra is a different taste and texture.
Agreed, but are there really that many things that get commonly prepared in a less than fantastic way.

I don't think this really applies to blueberries (or berries in general) but definitely see how it could apply to okra. Leafy greens are like that, it's usually hard to find good collards, kale, or turnip greens.

I quite enjoy fried and grilled okra.

I retried bananas like 15 years ago. Still didn't like them. Considering I don't even like the smell I don't think I will ever retry them later on.
I love bananas, but something about them cooked or over ripe - nasty. For me it's the smell and texture too. Strange that I like them when they are green or just turned yellow.
Bananas are hit or miss. I was disgusted by them as a teen but liked them as a kid as well as now as an adult. The texture is a huge part of it. I won't eat bananas once they've got more than about 25% coverage with the brown spots. I need them to be firm to be delicious. My kids love them when they're majority brown, I guess they like the overly sweet taste.
I read that kids taste buds actually make a lot of veggies taste bitter, but they change as they get older. I also didn't like onions and now love them, but I think for most things they've stuck. Especially the stuff I really don't like.
I've read this also, but I think attitudes and prep method count for a lot. Growing up we were always told that we'd like it if we tried it with an open mind. As an adult I'm always eager to try new foods. My wife was always told "that's for adults, you wouldn't like that" for new foods, as an adult she was a very picky eater until she decided to open up and start trying all these things. She's figuring her family told her she wouldn't like anything delicious so they could have more for themselves. I mean, who tells a kid they won't like potato pierogies? They're delicious.

I haven't eaten "breakfast" since Friday morning. I had toast yesterday only because Liam made it. Emmett wanted to make 2 eggs this morning, so I felt bad not eating that and toast. Meh.

Breakfast and everything sucks right now. Except for peppermint patties

Due to copious amounts of apples from apple picking. . .

t - 12 minutes . . .

f20QIFD.jpg

and then,

HKkMIes.jpg
[/img]

no pic with the powdered sugar before it was eaten

CZulUrN.jpg

Last edited:
Had shredded beef flautas earlier. The green sauce I doused the top with is jalapeño guacamole. Stuff is is like crack. :drool:

8LEx6qO.jpg

Any of you ever had arancini? I had a version from a Brazilian bakery over the weekend that blew my mind. Instead of it being a rice ball it was corn breadish I want to say? Stuffed with delicious chicken, cheese and spinach. Fucking crazy good.

I've got a name! It sounds like a New Yorker talking about what Kiki has for breakkast. https://www.google.com/#q=coxinha

Coxinhas are fucking deeeelishuz! The StuffIt can be pretty much anything from chicken to beef to eggs to cheese and veggies.
Kiko asks for them every time we head into the city and he sees the Welcome To Toronto sings !!
So
Fucking
Good

My exHusb made them so yumzzzz