Food What's for breakfast UF?

I have to find some decent breakfast sausage links. That johnsonville stuff is crap.

Their italian sausage, is good, although hugely salty, but the breakfast sausage? it's like a god damned ground up pork chop. I NEED THE SPICES!

Pepper, sage, and thyme. You can also pour a little syrup in there too if you want to maple it up, but not too much or the sugar will start to burn before the meat is done cooking.

I have to find some decent breakfast sausage links. That johnsonville stuff is crap.

Their italian sausage, is good, although hugely salty, but the breakfast sausage? it's like a god damned ground up pork chop. I NEED THE SPICES!
I usually get my breakfast sausage from the butcher.

Or one of those jimmy dean tubes. Patties > links

I would never have thought to do that, but you're right, that would be good. Add a little heat and spice and act as a digestive to boot.

i've been making my own sausage recently, and read Brian Polcyn and Minchael Ruhlman's "Charcuterie" - that's where i got the idea.

I'm a patty person too, but my daughter is a links chick. She'll eat patties, but I'd like to find the same bob evans sausage they serve in the restaurants.

NO ITS NOT THE SAME SHIT THAT THEY CALL BOB EVANS LINKS IN THE STORES. I do not know why.
I haven't eaten at a Bob Evans in ages. I like their sage sausage, maybe try getting the tube and forming your own casing-less links?

I'm actually going to try making my own. I'm just trying to decide between the food grinder /sausage stuffer for the kitchenaid mixer, OR, do I go all out & get a meat grinder/stuffer?

The meat grinder attachment for the kitchenaid is great. I use it to make sausage and ground beef all the time. The sausage stuffer "attachment" is just an extruder tip that goes on the grinder instead of the die. I haven't use it to make any cased sausages yet, but there's no reason why you couldn't use the extruder to make caseless.

I'm actually going to try making my own. I'm just trying to decide between the food grinder /sausage stuffer for the kitchenaid mixer, OR, do I go all out & get a meat grinder/stuffer?

the kitchenaid one is fine I thnk. tis what i use

Your health is sh*t because your diet is sh*t.

I'm eating a chopped taco from Rudy's and drinking a Monster low-carb.

:shifty: