Whats fer dinna?

what kind of chicken are you cooking, pieces, boneless/skinless breasts, scallopini? how thick are the pieces, will you be pounding it out with a mallet first?

The safe bet is to have an insta-thermometer and cook the chicken to 165-170 degrees.

I would also suggest non-stick cookware, some sort of oil in the pan also to prevent burning...olive oil, butter, canola, whatever. Also, cook on medium, or medium low heat to ensure that the insides cook enough before the outsides overcook.

I have four pieces of boneless/skinless breasts. I do not have a thermometer. I was just going to cook it stove top. But I don't want to cut it five times to see if its still pink.

Just toss the chicken on the pan with a bit of oil. Once there is a bit of browning on the outside usually that means its done.

Med-high heat.

See now thats a real answer.

careful on the heat, everybody's stove is different...medium is usually a safe bet and will always get you there. Also, when if you press the chicken with a spoon after you think it's cooked it should be relatively firm and resistant to your spoon. If it pushes in easy it's probably still undercooked.

i cook chicken on medium heat when using the stovetop, and make sure to cover it so the top part stays hot after flipping. I hate burning the outside when the inside isn't done yet.