What's an acceptable age difference?

Mondoz said:
Where's the formula?

I know there's a formula someplace.

For the youngest you should date, it's something like:
(Age / 2) + 7
So that puts a 30 year old with a 22 year old.

Whaaaat? I've never heard of that :confused:

39/2 = 19.5
19.5 + 7 = 26.5

Bah, I don't believe it.

dreamwalker said:
Whaaaat? I've never heard of that :confused:

39/2 = 19.5
19.5 + 7 = 26.5

Bah, I don't believe it.
I've heard of it. But I dont think it was that equation, because he was around 36 and trying to convince me at 19 that dating him wasn't a bad idea :rolleyes:

Lynnakitty said:
I've heard of it. But I dont think it was that equation, because he was around 36 and trying to convince me at 19 that dating him wasn't a bad idea :rolleyes:

Hold on a minute, I think I missed something here, who's around 36??? :confused:

Lynnakitty said:
:lol: A guy irl.

Gotcha :p

I thought I'd missed something somewhere, that's all :)

EDIT: It has been quite a day, it's not over for me yet, and my brain is not functioning very quickly or accurately right now :o

half yer age + seven, it's internet lore. thought everyone knew that...:p

as for whats acceptable...as long as it is legal and you are happy, who gives two wet farts about what others think?

Onnotangu said:
older women are hot.
untill menopuase hits.

Did you have to mention the words "hot" and "menopause" in the same sentence? :p

One of my coworkers today was having some hot flashes, and all I could think was "that's me in a few years" :eek:

dreamwalker said:
Did you have to mention the words "hot" and "menopause" in the same sentence? :p

One of my coworkers today was having some hot flashes, and all I could think was "that's me in a few years" :eek:
I have plenty of ice dear.

:heart:

I don't know, really. My Great-gma and pa were 20 years apart, she was the oldest. They meet when he was 20 and loved each other dearly, from what I've been told. It was her second marriage, his first.

I have a really good friend that is 16 yrs. older then her hubby....he pursued her for 7 yrs. before they finally were able to get together.

It all depends on the people involved and how they feel.

:D

thrawn said:
half yer age + seven, it's internet lore. thought everyone knew that...:p

as for whats acceptable...as long as it is legal and you are happy, who gives two wet farts about what others think?

Ha.
I am vindicated. :D

I'm just not attracted to girls my own age. Lots of them look hot, but then they open their mouth and it's all over.

Although I'm only 21, I feel I have lived more than most people my age and gained a great insight. I've worked all over 3 different countries. I've travelled all over the globe.

Then I meet someone my age who hasn't lived and has no insight to the real world.

when i was 21, i dated a 32 year old woman with 3 kids for 4 months. it was actually a very rewarding relationship and I learned a LOT about relationships and the family dynamic. Apparently her kids were a little too comfortable with me though, one of them called me "dad" one day. That was the last time I saw her, it was too much for me. I never called her again or returned her phonecalls. I found out later that one of my friends told her what scared me away and she said that she "could see it."

So my advice is go for it, bang her like a screen door in the wind. If she's got kids though, run the fuck away. I'll never ever date a girl with kids ever again.