Whats a respectable tour group company? (v. go to Japan)

Valve1138

I like the AB in the GB
Oct 19, 2004
South Harmon Institute of Technology
Marklar
₥69,114
Some friends and I want to go check out Japan next summer and I figure the cheapest and easiest way to do this is to go with one of those tour group companies.

Does anyone know a respectable one?

Or should we just book some random flights and wander around Tokyo for a week panhandling?

Valve1138 said:
Some friends and I want to go check out Japan next summer and I figure the cheapest and easiest way to do this is to go with one of those tour group companies.

Does anyone know a respectable one?

Or should we just book some random flights and wander around Tokyo for a week panhandling?

Call travel agents and ask for the best rates possible. Shop around. Don't go as a group. Groups are really lame and boring. The only thing they do is package sightseeing tours with the arrangements, and any concierge has a list of those anyway.

http://www.popjapantravel.com/ Im thinking about going in September to go to the Tokyo Gaming Show if I can raise the funds (I figure the ticket will be around 3000, and I would want at least 1,500 in cash) Obviously its much cheaper in the winter, but Japan is also a very cold place because of thin walls. I hear its a pretty nice tour however.

Ryokurin said:
http://www.popjapantravel.com/ Im thinking about going in September to go to the Tokyo Gaming Show if I can raise the funds (I figure the ticket will be around 3000, and I would want at least 1,500 in cash) Obviously its much cheaper in the winter, but Japan is also a very cold place because of thin walls. I hear its a pretty nice tour however.
$3000 for a plane ticket? i priced them out this year (was thinking about going this fall but got too swamped with work) and it was around $1200. If you play your cards right you can get them as cheap as $750.

F33nX said:
$3000 for a plane ticket? i priced them out this year (was thinking about going this fall but got too swamped with work) and it was around $1200. If you play your cards right you can get them as cheap as $750.

He travels ninja class.

"Hey do you guys remember that time Drool got Ryokurin hung for drug trafficking? That shit was hilarious, yo."

Sarcasmo said:
"Hey do you guys remember that time Drool got Ryokurin hung for drug trafficking? That shit was hilarious, yo."

I couldnt do that. Theres something about swallowing something, then pooping it back out in its original form that disturbs me.

edit - thats why I dont like corn so much.

F33nX said:

With them it includes board and breakfast. It is much more expensive in the summer than the fall however. I was looking last year and it was around 2300-2600 for round trip in August, but in February it was under 1000. their package for february was 1749 but that included several things. http://www.popjapantravel.com/winter2006.html

I just know if I go by myself, Im going to need a ton of cash because the train is expensive and I will find a bunch of shit to buy. A tour would be cheaper, but more restrictive.

I definately want to go to Japan one day, but I think it would be better to make some Japanese friends and have them show you around to get the real experience of the country, rather than semi-canned experience of a tour group.

However, some of those pictures in that link are interesting. Hot baths and igloos would be different. I could do without the overly excentric anime fans though.

I'M A RESPECTABLE TOUR COMPANY!

Give me teh cash and I'll have you on a slow boat to Bangkok in no time my friend. Free massage + happy ending included in all packages.*

*female masseuse not guaranteed with package

theacoustician said:
For the last time, if I wanted a tour of Munchkinland, I'd follow the yellow brick road.

Actually I've got a magenta brick road, the yellow is totally last season. :haaay: