What's a good, simple DVD authoring tool.

Ya, I really like nerovision for simple straight forward authoring. Though if you take the time with a more involved encoder program, you can usually get good results. I used nerovision when I made JJ's bro a DVD collection of all the episodes of Greatest American Hero for christmas. Just popped the episodes in the program, made the menu screens and such, clicked the start button, and it converts, encodes, and burns.

When trying to get highest quality conversion from an avi file or such, I usually use TMpgenc progs and virtualdub. Nero to burn vob files.

bast_imret said:
fuck you mac-cracka!

Easy to use, intuitive, and built to work with the other iApps. The only drawback is that it isn't designed to burn non homemade movies and tv shows.

smileyfat said:
Easy to use, intuitive, and built to work with the other iApps. The only drawback is that it isn't designed to burn non homemade movies and tv shows.

:( That makes baby jesus cry.

Findakáno said:
You need to get that cough checked out. It could be the sign of some serious medical problems. ;):fly:
And it was better when Sonic Foundry was still developing it. Their new box is quite interesting.

b_sinning said:
I just toast on my Mac. Guess I should try IDVD.
Works pretty good. If you don't have a built in burner, though, there is a small hack file that you need to use with it. You can find it by searching Apple's support forums.

smileyfat said:
Works pretty good. If you don't have a built in burner, though, there is a small hack file that you need to use with it. You can find it by searching Apple's support forums.
LOL. What kind of OOBE is it if the thing doesn't work without a hack file for external burners?

fly said:
LOL. What kind of OOBE is it if the thing doesn't work without a hack file for external burners?

Because they don't want it to work with external burners. Its a business thing.