What's a good, simple DVD authoring tool.

bast_imret

Erect Member
Oct 26, 2004
5,219
39
41
Marklar
₥157.32
Marklar
M157
Ya, I really like nerovision for simple straight forward authoring. Though if you take the time with a more involved encoder program, you can usually get good results. I used nerovision when I made JJ's bro a DVD collection of all the episodes of Greatest American Hero for christmas. Just popped the episodes in the program, made the menu screens and such, clicked the start button, and it converts, encodes, and burns.

When trying to get highest quality conversion from an avi file or such, I usually use TMpgenc progs and virtualdub. Nero to burn vob files.
 
S

smileynev

Guest
bast_imret said:
fuck you mac-cracka!
Easy to use, intuitive, and built to work with the other iApps. The only drawback is that it isn't designed to burn non homemade movies and tv shows.
 

bast_imret

Erect Member
Oct 26, 2004
5,219
39
41
Marklar
₥157.32
Marklar
M157
smileyfat said:
Easy to use, intuitive, and built to work with the other iApps. The only drawback is that it isn't designed to burn non homemade movies and tv shows.
:( That makes baby jesus cry.
 

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,781
4
0
Marklar
₥0.00
Marklar
M0
Findakáno said:
You need to get that cough checked out. It could be the sign of some serious medical problems. ;):fly:
And it was better when Sonic Foundry was still developing it. Their new box is quite interesting.
 
S

smileynev

Guest
b_sinning said:
I just toast on my Mac. Guess I should try IDVD.
Works pretty good. If you don't have a built in burner, though, there is a small hack file that you need to use with it. You can find it by searching Apple's support forums.
 

fly

Osharts 11
Oct 1, 2004
69,592
21,834
1,073
Marklar
₥46,624.23
Marklar
M46,624
Steam
mattressfish
smileyfat said:
Works pretty good. If you don't have a built in burner, though, there is a small hack file that you need to use with it. You can find it by searching Apple's support forums.
LOL. What kind of OOBE is it if the thing doesn't work without a hack file for external burners?
 
S

smileynev

Guest
fly said:
LOL. What kind of OOBE is it if the thing doesn't work without a hack file for external burners?
Because they don't want it to work with external burners. Its a business thing.