What's a good GUI to you?

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
Marklar
₥0
Post examples of GUIs you like and why. I know what's obvious to me, but I'm working on making something obvious for everyone.

gui1.jpg

gui2.jpg

Drool-Boy said:
Thats the best I could answer with the info provided.
Ok, how's this. I'm working on a design scheme that can be implemented enterprise wide to standardize touchpanel interfaces in conference rooms. Basically it has to be made simple enough for even the dumbest people to be able to use the system to show off Powerpoint or dial up a video conference. The panels range in size from 6" to 18" and can control various things in the room, from lighting to HVAC, to source transport controls, to switching.

BigDov said:
I'd have to agree....... been using that for about a year and a half now :)
the only thing I didn't like about it was the transparency. The terminal is transparent all the way to the desktop, even if it's over something else (such as a browser).

theacoustician said:
Ok, how's this. I'm working on a design scheme that can be implemented enterprise wide to standardize touchpanel interfaces in conference rooms. Basically it has to be made simple enough for even the dumbest people to be able to use the system to show off Powerpoint or dial up a video conference. The panels range in size from 6" to 18" and can control various things in the room, from lighting to HVAC, to source transport controls, to switching.

pictures. Buttons with pictures. Thats the best way to go.