What's a good GUI to you?

Heres a gui you can use. Ill evenlet you use the font for free:

gui.JPG

I agree with the grocery store self checkout thing. I'm sure Kroger spent a ton on theirs. I think the biggest deal for someone that isn't savy at anything, is the voice prompts. if people have to read too much, they get confused. they like being asked what they want.

SpangeMonkee said:
I agree with the grocery store self checkout thing. I'm sure Kroger spent a ton on theirs. I think the biggest deal for someone that isn't savy at anything, is the voice prompts. if people have to read too much, they get confused. they like being asked what they want.
tru.dat
people don't read anything. I have to deal with that all the time. I ask people what the error messages they get say on them and they don't know, they didn't read it they just clicked yes. people don't care, they want it to work they way that they want it to work and then when it doesn't "know" what they want it to do and do it, they complain about it. users suck.

big buttons that lead to more big buttons. divide things into systems on the top layer, then deeper layers have the functionality. A crumb trail is crucial so they know how deep into the menus they are, and can jump up a layer and to the top at any point. also make sure the buttons have text. it sucks having to guess what a picture means.

Jonny_B said:
big buttons that lead to more big buttons. divide things into systems on the top layer, then deeper layers have the functionality. A crumb trail is crucial so they know how deep into the menus they are, and can jump up a layer and to the top at any point. also make sure the buttons have text. it sucks having to guess what a picture means.
Wow. A thoughtful and insightful post.

CletusJones said:
tru.dat
people don't read anything. I have to deal with that all the time. I ask people what the error messages they get say on them and they don't know, they didn't read it they just clicked yes. people don't care, they want it to work they way that they want it to work and then when it doesn't "know" what they want it to do and do it, they complain about it. users suck.

People suck in general Cletus.... hate to break it to ya that way.