Whatever happen too..

eileenbunny said:
I just don't see how a cartoon can be so horrid as to change a child completely as long as the cartoon is age appropriate.

Who decides what is age appropriate though, and why? A panel of people using their best judgment as to what some might find offensive. It's pretty subjective there, too.

eileenbunny said:
Also, if I were in church and someone came in and said "fuck shit ass bitch cunt fuck", I'd probably think it was hillarious. That's just me though. I don't personally put much stock in church.

:lol:

Please assume you are a very conservative and pious individual. I would also think it was pretty funny, and wonder what the hell was going on, but at the same time there's no way I'd want my kid to hear that garbage, because again, people shouldn't talk that way and it's offensive. Part of being a member of society is melding to social mores and trying to coexist in a non-abrasive way.

eileenbunny said:
My point was that we don't HAVE to give the power to these words that we do. I'm personally not offended by most of them ever. I am offended when someone insults someone else out of spite, so I can see some of the earlier points in this thread. I just don't see how a cartoon can be so horrid as to change a child completely as long as the cartoon is age appropriate. I remember watching racist and offensive Loony Toons as a kid, but that doesn't mean that I'm racist or that I think Nazis are great.

Also, if I were in church and someone came in and said "fuck shit ass bitch cunt fuck", I'd probably think it was hillarious. That's just me though. I don't personally put much stock in church.
Right, so it's not the word per se but rather the intent. There really is no other purpose for swear words other than to be vulgar. I see what you're saying, they are just words, but the way with which we deliver our words is much more important than the actual word.

There was a case here in Dallas not long ago involving a man working at a popular doughnut shop who dehydrated and microwaved his own feces and sprinkled it on his store's yummy creations. The defense attorney actually argued that it posed little if any health risk because the microwaving killed the bacteria. Turns out the guy had also spent time smearing his feces on books at local libraries. wtf :fly:

Sarcasmo said:
There was a case here in Dallas not long ago involving a man working at a popular doughnut shop who dehydrated and microwaved his own feces and sprinkled it on his store's yummy creations. The defense attorney actually argued that it posed little if any health risk because the microwaving killed the bacteria. Turns out the guy had also spent time smearing his feces on books at local libraries. wtf :fly:

call me crazy, but i have ALWAYS had a fear of this!! the fact that the book i'm touching every page of has been touched dozens of times before drives me crazy...what has been on the fingers of others???
great...i'm never gonna be able to go to the library again. after we go tomorrow, that is.
:barf:

Thorn Bird said:
please god no. i'll get in trouble again.

HAHAHA+BOOTYBOY.jpg

Thorn Bird said:
call me crazy, but i have ALWAYS had a fear of this!! the fact that the book i'm touching every page of has been touched dozens of times before drives me crazy...what has been on the fingers of others???
great...i'm never gonna be able to go to the library again. after we go tomorrow, that is.
:barf:

If you think that's bad then whatever you do don't think about the countless, filth encrusted hands that have ceaselessly pawed every single piece of currency you handle every day.

itburnswhenipee said:
If you think that's bad then whatever you do don't think about the countless, filth encrusted hands that have ceaselessly pawed every single piece of currency you handle every day.

i just can't think about it, especially when my little vunerable child handles money. eeeewwwww.

i do think some dirt and germs are good for the system. i don't freak out about this stuff, unless i stop to think about it. i just can't!