what'd you buy on black friday?

ChikkenNoodul said:
A horde of the crumbs have become self-aware, and are not too unlike the remora. They have started protecting the host as it were.
:lol:

Picked up a 160GB HDD w/ 8MB cache for $30, Prince of Persia for PS2 for $9, U2's new album for $8, and a couple other items I can't mention on here cause they are presents for someone that better not be snooping around the house!

I wanted to get the GeForce 6800 that was on sale at Compusa for $200, but alas, there are no compusa's down in savannah :(

bast_imret said:
Picked up a 160GB HDD w/ 8MB cache for $30, Prince of Persia for PS2 for $9, U2's new album for $8, and a couple other items I can't mention on here cause they are presents for someone that better not be snooping around the house!

I wanted to get the GeForce 6800 that was on sale at Compusa for $200, but alas, there are no compusa's down in savannah :(
Forget about it. Apparently half the 6800s at CompUSA seemed to have a capacitor that had popped off. They work, but you can't softmod them. I always feel good about the quality of a card that has board components rattling around in the box.

theacoustician said:
Forget about it. Apparently half the 6800s at CompUSA seemed to have a capacitor that had popped off. They work, but you can't softmod them. I always feel good about the quality of a card that has board components rattling around in the box.

some assembly required

theacoustician said:
It was the plain jane card, not the GT. Good deal but not that great especially hearing reports from people who actually got one.
6800 with 12 pipes still beats anything else in its price category. At $200 thats a hell of a deal. That is, if it works.