Whatcha Cooking?

Gotta love moms. :lol:

apparently the argument of "you're having yoru chemo session on wednesday, you shouldn't be traveling and you just took a trip to Florida, you need to rest, besides Valve will be here to take care of me" doesn't cut it. if she comes, i will be miserable.

I think tonight I am making grilled flat iron steak with a fruit glaze of some sort and grilled asparagus.

I need new ideas for recipes. Anyone have any good ethnic recipes?

What were those spices? Grilled? Baked?
ancho chile powder
pasilla chile powder
cumin
coriander
ground ginger
garlic powder
onion powder
allspice
cinnamon
ground cloves
ground fennel
arbol chile powder
brown sugar
kosher salt
fresh ground black pepper
cayenne pepper

pan seared, oven finished, nice and juicy

apparently the argument of "you're having yoru chemo session on wednesday, you shouldn't be traveling and you just took a trip to Florida, you need to rest, besides Valve will be here to take care of me" doesn't cut it. if she comes, i will be miserable.

I was worried about the same thing, but my mom was awesome during my surgery. She didn't cry, which is good, because as they were wheeling me in, if she started, I would have lost it.

besides, I was only in the hospital for 4.5 days. Brain surgery is a walk in the park anymore :p

ancho chile powder
pasilla chile powder
cumin
coriander
ground ginger
garlic powder
onion powder
allspice
cinnamon
ground cloves
ground fennel
arbol chile powder
brown sugar
kosher salt
fresh ground black pepper
cayenne pepper

pan seared, oven finished, nice and juicy

Sounds like it was slightly sweet with a bit of a bite at the end

I was worried about the same thing, but my mom was awesome during my surgery. She didn't cry, which is good, because as they were wheeling me in, if she started, I would have lost it.

my mother will take pain meds from me before me need for them will be over.
she'll also decide not to hang uot with me but clean the house and bitch at me for how dirty it is.
plus this is also not how i want her to meet Valve :p