what would your perfect job be?

I think I'm in the same boat as Sarcasmo. My interests fluctuate so damn much, I dunno.

Dream job I guess would be to be a famous actor. It's what I wanted to do originally, back in HS. But when it came down to making the decision between going to college for a fine arts degree followed by years of being a starving artist VS engineering degree w/ a good paying job out of college, I picked the latter.

bast_imret said:
I think I'm in the same boat as Sarcasmo. My interests fluctuate so damn much, I dunno.

Dream job I guess would be to be a famous actor. It's what I wanted to do originally, back in HS. But when it came down to making the decision between going to college for a fine arts degree followed by years of being a starving artist VS engineering degree w/ a good paying job out of college, I picked the latter.

Exactly. I wanted to be an actor and a writer, and realized I could realistically die alone under a bridge somewhere if I pursued that. So I went into t-com engineering and then law.

I'd still love to be an actor. I've been thinking about making adult films.

animated243.gif

I somehow completely missed these two, so I'm going back to answer it.

Sarcasmo said:
Cost? Sounds like it might be a bit restrictive to the guys I'd love to see use such a facility: the amateurs or up-and-comers who live on the road to get the word out about their music.
Initial outlay would be expensive, but upkeep isn't bad and I have secret sauce for how it would turn a profit.
shawndavid said:
i like the studio/resort idea - it would take huge stacks of cash, though, given the environments a lot of these people are accustomed to
Not so much. Sure it would have to be pretty nice, but the kinds of people you're talking about own their own studios. They would have no need for me in the first place. I'm talking about the next tier down. Sucessful enough to get some money to spend making an album, not so sucessful that they're driving Ferarri's or whatnot.

As for the live venue, I have already surveyed a bunch of bands and the general concensus is that if I were able to provide high quality accomodations, even if its just clean dressing rooms with nice food and clean showers, good recordings of any performance, and I can guarentee a reasonable crowd of actual music fans and not drunken assholes, they would be willing to perform for somewhat less than their standard booking fee. Its akin to being able to take a holiday in the middle of a crammed touring schedule and that's not a luxury most of them have.

I would like to open a restaurant that serves eclectic cuisine from around the world. Of course I'd have to constantly travel to keep on top of the world of food so that my menu can continually evolve. Mind you, I would not want to constantly work in the kitchen, that is a long and tough job. I would own the place and manage a staff that operated the restaurant while I experiment and design menu items to be served there.

Last edited:
why_ask_why said:
lol, you need to get a legal degree and a job at turner...there are roughly 90 people on my floor and about 75% of them are women...we run about a 5-10% absenteeism rate due to being prego, all year round

I would love to move to ATL. Shawn can go to school just about anywhere. I figure I'm going to start Law school around 2007 (thats the next semester I qualify for since I will be part time) but the whole preggo thing is going to throw a wrench in everything.

How long do they get for leave?

Candy said:
I would love to move to ATL. Shawn can go to school just about anywhere. I figure I'm going to start Law school around 2007 (thats the next semester I qualify for since I will be part time) but the whole preggo thing is going to throw a wrench in everything.

How long do they get for leave?

seems to be somewhere in the range of 6-8 weeks, but that's just a guesstimate

i THINK you can take up to six weeks of paid leave and another six of unpaid leave and still have your job by law. but don't quote me on that.

Thorn Bird said:
i THINK you can take up to six weeks of paid leave and another six of unpaid leave and still have your job by law. but don't quote me on that.

FMLA says 12 weeks unpaid leave in each 12 month period that can be used for care of a newborn child. Paid leave is at the discretion of the company you work for.

edit: Turner appears to have a really great policy concerning this. 2 months paid leave with the possibility of additional short term disability benefits for complications.

Last edited:
eileenbunny said:
FMLA says 12 weeks unpaid leave in each 12 month period that can be used for care of a newborn child. Paid leave is at the discretion of the company you work for.

edit: Turner appears to have a really great policy concerning this. 2 months paid leave with the possibility of additional short term disability benefits for complications.

I didn't get any paid leave, but I did get short term disability for the entire 12 weeks I took off after having Haylee.

I would like to translate old documents. Either classical literature or theological material. That would be amazing because the information in my head would be completely unfiltered.