what would your perfect job be?

kiwi said:
I want a job that sends me all over the world to photograph events. I love travelling and have a list of about 100 places I really want to see.

i always wanted to be a national geographic journalist. i wanted to find a photographer to travel with and be the perfect team. we've found it!! :happy:

Thorn Bird said:
i always wanted to be a national geographic journalist. i wanted to find a photographer to travel with and be the perfect team. we've found it!! :happy:

Same here, till I realized how many bugs and parasites there are in those lovely photogenic places. I'd still like to be a photographer for National Geo, but I'll only travel to developed nations. :fly: :hs:

I agree with sarcasmo, I'd like to know everything. Barring that, probably something outdoors.

Hrmm... I would have to say studying under my favorite comic book artists -Michael Turner, David Mack, Mark Silvestri, Good Ol' Joe Q, and Joe Mad, to name a few.

Since that is highly unlikely, I will gladly continue to persue my current, semi-realistic dream of being a curator for the Ringling Museum. *sigh*

InnerMuse said:
Hrmm... I would have to say studying under my favorite comic book artists -Michael Turner, David Mack, Mark Silvestri, Good Ol' Joe Q, and Joe Mad, to name a few.

Since that is highly unlikely, I will gladly continue to persue my current, semi-realistic dream of being a curator for the Ringling Museum. *sigh*

Do you save elephant poop and put it on display?

I like my current job, but I wish I was contract and could set my own schedule and be able to work from home (or wherever in the world I happen to be) most of the time.

The other possibility would be starting my own elementary school. It would be discipline strict, have fabulous teachers, no stupid worksheets, and no teaching to the standardized test. Students would be encouraged to explore all aspects of learning in any field. Creativity would be rewarded!

Arátoeldar said:
Head sound engineer for band on tour. The bands must be one that I like.
Been there, done that. Road life with a band is not all its cracked up to be.

I have a few ideas for what I'd like to do

1. Do what I basically do now, but not have to argue with people all day about it.

2. Become a GC and do small planned "green" neighborhoods/communities. Recycled / renewable building materials, solar/wind/geothermal/water systems on every house to provide electricity, reclaimed water for landscaping, etc. etc. Everything would be highly efficient, exceptional quality, and as close to self sustaining as possible. I think its a huge untapped market.

3. Along the same lines as above, retrofit cars to make them more environmentally friendly. Hybrid, full electric, E85, or biodiesel conversions.

4. Create a no BS review site for AV. Teach people what good AV really is and what it can be. Develop a neutral, objective, and thorough system for grading products so they can be easily compared. Write articles about the science behind some of their fav. gadgets, but in a way that a 7 year old could comprehend.

5. Develop a hybrid luxury resort/recording studio/mid sized venue. The resort part would be for artists only. It would basically have all the amenities of any 5 star hotel, but with mics and input jacks everywhere. That way people can chill while they're recording an album and actually record when ever and where ever inspiration hits. Yes, including the crapper. The studio part is pretty self explanitory. The venue portion would be designed for the ultimate concert experience. Sound reproduction would be key. It would be tuned and tweaked out to the nth degree so artists beg to play there and music afficianados cream themselves. Its all mapped out in my head. Basically, I came up with it after hanging out with one too many bands and seeing what its really like. Venues are typically dirty, cheap, and a boardline fire hazard. They use the cheapest gear they can get away with. Studios aren't much better.

theacoustician said:
Been there, done that. Road life with a band is not all its cracked up to be.

I have a few ideas for what I'd like to do

1. Do what I basically do now, but not have to argue with people all day about it.

2. Become a GC and do small planned "green" neighborhoods/communities. Recycled / renewable building materials, solar/wind/geothermal/water systems on every house to provide electricity, reclaimed water for landscaping, etc. etc. Everything would be highly efficient, exceptional quality, and as close to self sustaining as possible. I think its a huge untapped market.

Good idea.

theacoustician said:
3. Along the same lines as above, retrofit cars to make them more environmentally friendly. Hybrid, full electric, E85, or biodiesel conversions.

This is the top of my list. Anything to eliminate or drastically reduce dependence on fossil fuels in automobiles is my obsession. I can't get past the fact that we can do retinal implants and land on the moon but we still have to catch things on fire to make our cars go. (Please ignore the fact that we have to catch things on fire to get into space. :fly: )

theacoustician said:
5. Develop a hybrid luxury resort/recording studio/mid sized venue. The resort part would be for artists only. It would basically have all the amenities of any 5 star hotel, but with mics and input jacks everywhere. That way people can chill while they're recording an album and actually record when ever and where ever inspiration hits. Yes, including the crapper. The studio part is pretty self explanitory. The venue portion would be designed for the ultimate concert experience. Sound reproduction would be key. It would be tuned and tweaked out to the nth degree so artists beg to play there and music afficianados cream themselves. Its all mapped out in my head. Basically, I came up with it after hanging out with one too many bands and seeing what its really like. Venues are typically dirty, cheap, and a boardline fire hazard. They use the cheapest gear they can get away with. Studios aren't much better.

Cost? Sounds like it might be a bit restrictive to the guys I'd love to see use such a facility: the amateurs or up-and-comers who live on the road to get the word out about their music.

theacoustician said:
And would the 'greeness' be written into the deed, HOA style. Possibly causing headaches for hundreds of years down the road? :p

FlamingGlory said:
And would the 'greeness' be written into the deed, HOA style. Possibly causing headaches for hundreds of years down the road? :p
I am fully aware that once you sell a house to someone, God only knows what they will do to it. The best I can hope for is since its part of the alure of buying the house in the first place, that the owners will want to extend this ideal as long as possible. I think this could really rocket off if marketed as a form of self reliance that harkens back to the founders of our nation. The liberals love it for the tree hugger factor, conservatives love it because its got a gloss of patriotic schmaltz. It will be desired by all and the lifestyle will be maintained because its what keeps property value high. Also has a way of reinforcing my own brand.

theacoustician said:
I am fully aware that once you sell a house to someone, God only knows what they will do to it. The best I can hope for is since its part of the alure of buying the house in the first place, that the owners will want to extend this ideal as long as possible. I think this could really rocket off if marketed as a form of self reliance that harkens back to the founders of our nation. The liberals love it for the tree hugger factor, conservatives love it because its got a gloss of patriotic schmaltz. It will be desired by all and the lifestyle will be maintained because its what keeps property value high. Also has a way of reinforcing my own brand.
That isnt quite what I was getting at... You do know that 'use' can be written into property titles? I was just curious, since most of the 'green' movement is populated by moronic hippy types, if the 'green use' would be written into it as an estoppel? (I know I'm fucking up the wording) which would prevent future owners from using it as they please...

Just ignore this. I had a point, then I lost it.

Edit: @Candy, accepts*