Ontopic What would you do with those 15 minutes?

Mrs. Valve

Dizzy Broad
Oct 6, 2004
The QFH
Marklar
₥3,799
I've been captivated with the coverage of the Chile rescue operation all morning, and I've been thinking about how I'd spend those last 15 minutes before reaching the surface and trying to restart a normal life.

What would you think about in the capsule?
Would you do anything out of the ordinary (aside from sitting in the cavern), like pray if you haven't been thus far, etc?
What would be the first thing you'd want to say to your family? The President who is more than enjoying his 15 hours of fame?

I'm exceptionally claustrophobic, so I'd probably be in the capsule with my eyes shut with those noise-cancelling headphones on, singing Madonna to myself to pass the time- that's about 3-4 songs worth and it would keep my mind busy. I think the "please God get me out of here" would have worn out a few weeks ago, and repeating it at a rapid pace would make time slow down. The first thing I'd say to my family is "hola", and the first thing I'd say to the President is "thank you, now what the fuck took you so long!?".

I would think about either a new profession or finding a new job because this mine will be closed for a while.

I'd be freaking out, trying to focus on the positives of getting out of there. I'd be sure that the thing would break, I'd be stuck, and then I'd die there in that tiny little space. Ugh, I can't even imagine how awful this whole experience has been for them. I guess 15 minutes of sheer terror is nothing after all they've endured.

Personally I think I would get myself into a lot of trouble if I was trapped in a mine for 69 days. Chim would not be happy, let's just put it that way.