Ontopic What would Americans think of the French Strike?

But....apparently they're all lazy now. Where, pray tell are the walls for them to be all shot against?

I get it though man, I work my ass off to pay for millions of people to sit on their asses and get handouts in this country, it must be a similar feeling. It's hard to be happy for someone when you feel you put in more but don't get as much out. The French don't have to put as much in as Americans do to get far more out.
The french don't contribute to anyone. :p You "work your ass off" to trespass on someone elses property. You're a theif with a part time job.

Last edited:
They are happier because they don't do anything and are allowing their country to wallow in bankruptcy. They are short term thinkers by nature and this will be yet another example of the french thinking the world owes them something when they collapse in on themselves like some kind of...help me out here dave

Um, I think I did at the start of this thread. I really detest most of Europe's lethargy on work. It's not a healthy being, it's a lazy being. Scandinavia and Spain and Italy and many others are the same. The amount of production of anything, ideas, raw materials, technology, anything of the whole EU is less than the US yet there are more people and the longevity is just as high.

Lazy.

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person
when my retirement was raised from 67 to 70 I didn't stop working. I worked harder so that hopefully I can make enough to retire "early" at 67 again. I didn't just sit at a cafe and puff a ciggy with a glass of wine and bitch to no one about it.

But if people didn't like the idea they could have gone on the street. Why accept that it goes up to 70? Why not put your foot down and say 'this isn't good enough for me, I want better so you can find another way to work it out kthx'.

You make out like sitting in cafes smoking cigars and drinking wine is a horrible way to live.

Um, I think I did at the start of this thread. I really detest most of Europe's lethargy on work. It's not a healthy being, it's a lazy being. Scandinavia and Spain and Italy and many others are the same. The amount of production of anything, ideas, raw materials, technology, anything of the whole EU is less than the US yet there are more people and the longevity is just as high.

Lazy.

Lazy but we live longer and happier lives. Damn, I wish I worked harder so I could die younger and be more unhappy. What madness.

And you sir are an idiot. Unless you're tricked into working double the hours that I do (37.5/week) and are bitter because of it. What do you get for your 70 hour work week except an early grave?

I think you have me confused with someone else. 70 hours a week?

Lazy.

That was a "flan in the cupboard" reference

my step-mom retired when she was 50. I need to do the same. She's given me financial advice on how she did it so we'll see.

I'm sure you had a very deep insight into what it meant to be contributing towards the world. Perhaps you were talking about the export of world famous and popular sports such as American Football and Baseball. Perhaps.
You think its about sports? Or even culture?

62 at the latest, and that would be with full pension.

How is the pension thing there? We get barely fuck all on the state pension.

Also I've heard that the current cuts etc. by the government are loosely based on the political decisions Canada made in the early 90's which paid off really well. What's your opinion on us doing the same severe things?