Ontopic What would Americans think of the French Strike?

As in, most Americans don't think the government should provide everything in their lives, you guys are generally a lot more individualistic than many Europeans.

I think independent is the right word. Individualistic would ignore the fact that many people have a very strong community focus. It's primarily in the big cities that you see the "me me me" attitude. But generally yes, the idea that government should provide everything is goddamn retarded and we make no bones about telling everyone this.

I thought it was kinda cool that when they strike it's not that big of a deal.

It's kind of sad actually that a significant percentage of the work force is sitting on their ass and yet little slowed down with the country. Just how lazy are these people?

It's kind of sad actually that a significant percentage of the work force is sitting on their ass and yet little slowed down with the country. Just how lazy are these people?

I got that impression from the article too, except when they show the pictures of all those barges waiting to dock outside the harbor. The country's economy is clearly affected by the strikes. It's just they don't seem to possess the "end of the world" mentality that we do when things like this happen.

I got that impression from the article too, except when they show the pictures of all those barges waiting to dock outside the harbor. The country's economy is clearly affected by the strikes. It's just they don't seem to possess the "end of the world" mentality that we do when things like this happen.

Those barges might not have had their cargo destined to France, though. They might have just been stopping at that port for all of Europe. Then again I guess they could have left to a different port instead of just hang out there.

Throw out your hands,
stick out your tush,
hands on your hips,
give 'em a push,
you'll be surprised,
you're doing the French Mistake!

Come on try it move those feet along,
15 million french men can't be wrong,
weeee

Throw out your hands,
stick out your tush,
hands on your hips,
give 'em a push,
you'll be surprised,
you're doing the French Mistake,
Voila!

They do have the most crazy labor laws there. Most of them only work 30 hours a week. I know we have constant issues with our Engineers over there.