Thread What was your worst job?

Jul 17, 2015
If you aint a 10 you're a 9.9
Marklar
₥25,759
Mine was when i worked in retail. I worked for sears for 9 months. I was a backroom associate. I unloaded semi's by hand, audited merchandise, brought heavy stuff to customers cars for them, when people bought stuff online we had to run out to the floor and find the item. Deal with all customer returns. they paid min wage of course.

None of that was the worst part though the worst was dealing with customers and their attitudes. ex, one guy bought some shoes online and the didn't fit. He started bitching at me that the sizes online got mixed up. So i told him okay hold on one second while i print you a receipt to take to a cashier and get a refund. He started bitching and swearing "they better fucking out it back on my card and not give me cash" "this store is fucking bullshit fuck sears and fuck you"

• Gravy
Reactions: Frau Blugher
Working 830 pm to 5 am at SeaWorld. Super short staffed and bosses who didn't do shit/made the job harder. The only job I truly hated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Summer of '97, hired as an 18 year old kid by the newfoundland provincial libraries board. Job was to drive around to different libraries keep computers/printers/whatever up and running. And help people use the internet, which was new at the time. Had a computer go tits up, called in to the main support guys telling them what was up... WELL, it turns out that work is supposed to be done by union members, and got in shit for it, brought to a hearing and told I wasn't allowed to fix computers anymore.

For some stupid reason they had me save all my ferry receipts (yay, bell island, newfoundland) and mileage logs until the end of the year, then send them all in with the claim sheet for later reimbursement, no idea why in fuck it wasn't a continuous process. Loaded both into the same fucking envelope, sent them in. They called me up with a claim sheet in their hand wondering where the receipts are, and I got fucked out of about 400 bucks worth of gas/mileage/ferry claims. I'm absolutely certain someone working in the department stole the receipts and claimed them themselves, but of course had no way to prove it.

I swore never to work for the goddamn government again.

1. Recycling plant seperating well travelled raw chicken from plastic .

2. Cleaning clydesdale stalls .

3. Fake shopper for Monarch security , job was to spy on clients employees and get them fired for being foolish at point of sale .

4. CNC machine operator at Laurysen Kitchens , in itself was ok but it was a two man job and my partner was the manager's nephew who had a mental disability and would fuck up left and right , I got blamed for it . And Kyle was a shitcunt .

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and MacG
Summer of '97, hired as an 18 year old kid by the newfoundland provincial libraries board. Job was to drive around to different libraries keep computers/printers/whatever up and running. And help people use the internet, which was new at the time. Had a computer go tits up, called in to the main support guys telling them what was up... WELL, it turns out that work is supposed to be done by union members, and got in shit for it, brought to a hearing and told I wasn't allowed to fix computers anymore.

For some stupid reason they had me save all my ferry receipts (yay, bell island, newfoundland) and mileage logs until the end of the year, then send them all in with the claim sheet for later reimbursement, no idea why in fuck it wasn't a continuous process. Loaded both into the same fucking envelope, sent them in. They called me up with a claim sheet in their hand wondering where the receipts are, and I got fucked out of about 400 bucks worth of gas/mileage/ferry claims. I'm absolutely certain someone working in the department stole the receipts and claimed them themselves, but of course had no way to prove it.

You must be one of those highly intelligent guys that are too good to use a copy machine.

"Copies?!! Those are for peasants! I'll have you know, SIR, that I have a photographic memory!! Now, I challenge thee to a duel."

Sold frozen meat door to door out the back of a pickup for half a day. Was initially told it was a delivery job only, no sales. We get out there and I'm told that I need to knock on doors and tell them some bullshit line about having extra stock and we're trying to get rid of it before someone updates the inventory.

They even had a board in the dispatch office for the neighborhoods they weren't allowed in to.

Had the dude drop me off at a mcdonalds, called a friend to drive me back to the place for my car.

• Gravy
Reactions: MacG
Auto repair facillity

My most recent stint wasn't bad, but probably had my worst customer interaction. Not sure if I ever told that story.

Guy calls up, one of the mechanics answers the phone and gets an ear full, he tells him "please wait, I'm a mechanic and was answering the phone because our service writer is swamped."

So I get on the horn and start talking to him. Guy is already hot and has been getting the run around from other stores. He is pretty much yelling into the phone. I get tired of this eventually and tell him "sir, I need you to calm down and stop yelling so I can talk to you and we can work this out." He doesn't so we end up getting to "sir, I have to hang up now because you won't stop yelling" and I do.

He calls back really yelling and since I am in the shop I put him on speakerphone so that the other guys can hear and back me up later on if needed. Again I say "sir, I am going to have to hang up if you can't stop yelling." And again I have to do so.

He calls up and yells that he is going to come up there and "settle this shit in person." So I tell the guys in the shop to be ready to help me not get my face smashed in and I wait.

A fairly new Mercedes comes flying into the parking lot and gets slammed into park while still skidding. A fairly large black man comes in and starts yelling about how he wants to see me hang up on him now.

The ending was fairly anticlimactic, I got him calmed down fairly easily and was able to set him up with an appointment to fix his work truck later that week, but from him flying into the parking lot to the opening of the conversation I was wondering if I was going to have to do something that would get the cops called.

Another time we had a woman who wanted a receiver hitch installed on her car. Set up an appointment a month out and let us get everything ordered in.

After a long series of hassles from her, we get the hitch receiver installed and send her on her way. An hour later she calls us back screaming that we didn't install a hitch. After way too much WTFing I realize she thought she was getting the tongue and ball as well. I try to explain that we don't install those as we don't know what trailer ball or what height they will need.
She wasn't having it and demanded that we give her what she paid for. By this point everyone in the shop had gotten tired of her shit, so my manager just tells me to order one and get it in for her. By this point I was pissy, so I ordered the tongue with the largest drop we had, and the smallest ball we had then impacted the ball onto the tongue so it wouldn't be removable without the same tools. Took the stickers off so she couldn't try to return it for anything and called her in.

She showed up in another car (one we installed the hitch on was at home with the loaded trailer waiting) grabbed it and thanked me and left.

Heard from another guy at the shop that she showed up the next day demanding a full refund for everything, manager denied her. Apparently when they put the tongue in it was tall enough that they couldn't open the trunk with it installed (did I mention in installed the ball upside down?)

I don't wish ill on many, but I definitely did with her.

You must be one of those highly intelligent guys that are too good to use a copy machine.

"Copies?!! Those are for peasants! I'll have you know, SIR, that I have a photographic memory!! Now, I challenge thee to a duel."
Should have copied the fucking receipts. Yup.

Sold frozen meat door to door out the back of a pickup for half a day. Was initially told it was a delivery job only, no sales. We get out there and I'm told that I need to knock on doors and tell them some bullshit line about having extra stock and we're trying to get rid of it before someone updates the inventory.

They even had a board in the dispatch office for the neighborhoods they weren't allowed in to.

Had the dude drop me off at a mcdonalds, called a friend to drive me back to the place for my car.
Knock on the door, it's a sketchy meat delivery!

what the fuck...

• Gravy
Reactions: MacG

are you a newfie?