What type of things do you forget on a regular basis?

D

Datgurl

Guest
CletusJones said:
driving permit?
Never needed to learn how to drive to get around. Now I do. NY has a massive transportation system.
 

CletusJones

CUCKGBLR
Oct 15, 2004
16,870
707
548
Datgurl said:
Never needed to learn how to drive to get around. Now I do. NY has a massive transportation system.
so does Chicago but i couldn't imagine not being able to drive. actually, i can... when i didn't have a car for a week it was pure hell.
 
D

Datgurl

Guest
CletusJones said:
so does Chicago but i couldn't imagine not being able to drive. actually, i can... when i didn't have a car for a week it was pure hell.
I'm the opposite. Just thinking of car payments, insurance, moving the car before getting a ticket makes me queasy. But it's something that needs to be done. I'm tired of the city. :o
 

CletusJones

CUCKGBLR
Oct 15, 2004
16,870
707
548
Datgurl said:
I'm the opposite. Just thinking of car payments, insurance, moving the car before getting a ticket makes me queasy. But it's something that needs to be done. I'm tired of the city. :o
if you dont' want to make car payments, don't make them. I don't. This far, I've been able to buy every car outright from day one. It was hard to come up with $18k for my truck, but I managed. It's nice to know that you don't have that $500/month payment hanging over your head all the time.
 
D

Datgurl

Guest
CletusJones said:
i'm sure you'll be fine. driving isn't that difficult, especially in the suburbs.
The catch is, I'm not in the suburbs. :fly: I'll be ok though. I've been playing a lot of Pedestrian Killer.
 

CletusJones

CUCKGBLR
Oct 15, 2004
16,870
707
548
Datgurl said:
The catch is, I'm not in the suburbs. :fly: I'll be ok though. I've been playing a lot of Pedestrian Killer.
ahh... when you buy your first car, get something that you don't mind getting a little banged up. When I lived in the city, my car looked like hell, people bumping into me all the time. my bumpers looked like a warzone and the sides read like braille.
 

fly

Osharts 11
Oct 1, 2004
73,151
24,446
1,073
Steam
mattressfish
Datgurl said:
I'm the opposite. Just thinking of car payments, insurance, moving the car before getting a ticket makes me queasy. But it's something that needs to be done. I'm tired of the city. :o

From my understanding, NY is totally different breed from any other city when it comes to cars...
 
D

Datgurl

Guest
fly said:
From my understanding, NY is totally different breed from any other city when it comes to cars...
This is true. I don't think I'll ever drive to Manhattan. :eek: Our drivers are insane!
 

CletusJones

CUCKGBLR
Oct 15, 2004
16,870
707
548
Datgurl said:
This is true. I don't think I'll ever drive to Manhattan. :eek: Our drivers are insane!
yeah, i did that once, i'll never make that mistake again. i drove out there to meet up with a friend and we all piled into my car (i drove a sedan at the time) and i drove out to a bar. it was nuts, but about the same as driving in the loop downtown chicago.
 
C

crazymike

Guest
Allergy/Asthma medication is pretty much the only I don't forget. If I don't have a puffer with me I get all worked up and it just makes things worse and I end up needing it.