What to wear to a standup comedy show ver. Eddie Izzard

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥947
So, thanks to genmay, I was clued in to the Eddie Izzard show Stripped coming to Cleveland. My sister just called me and ordered the tickets successfully.

Now the concern I have; what do you wear to a show like that? For those of you who don't know, the tickets are in excess of $50 and the venue is Playhouse theater where off-broadway shows are performed. Women can be in full-on sequenced dresses and bloaks in coats and ties. I think this show, because it is a standup comedy does not require a coat and tie, but tshirt and jeans are inappropriate.

So what should I wear to the show?

I wouldn't mess around to be honest - do a suite with open collar/no tie

or nice slacks/sport jacket/open collar

The wife and I just bought our tickets for his show when he comes to perform 2 nights in Atlanta. We're big fans of his - have been for a few years. He is absolutely hilarious.

I am not sure what I will be wearing, but I can assure you it will be less fabulous than what you're wearing.

So, thanks to genmay, I was clued in to the Eddie Izzard show Stripped coming to Cleveland. My sister just called me and ordered the tickets successfully.

Now the concern I have; what do you wear to a show like that? For those of you who don't know, the tickets are in excess of $50 and the venue is Playhouse theater where off-broadway shows are performed. Women can be in full-on sequenced dresses and bloaks in coats and ties. I think this show, because it is a standup comedy does not require a coat and tie, but tshirt and jeans are inappropriate.

So what should I wear to the show?

I wouldn't mess around to be honest - do a suite with open collar/no tie

or nice slacks/sport jacket/open collar
sorry, i'm in a mood this morning:

sequined dresses
blokes
suit

thank you.

oh, and you can wear whatever you want unless there's a dress code. is there a dress code?

sorry, i'm in a mood this morning:

sequined dresses
blokes
suit

thank you.

oh, and you can wear whatever you want unless there's a dress code. is there a dress code?

i dont think there is a dress code but playhouse square is fairly upscale.