What things aside from illness can make you puke?

Nemo said:
I know that. The odd comment from people won't do anything to help, it might even encourage it but if you tell someone they look fine as they are all the time they might come to believe you're genuine. Either way, it's a lot better than putting someone down, that does no good at all.
I don't put her down, I just don't say anything at all... either way she is going to take what I said and twist it around to appease the fact that she thinks she's fat.

wr3kt said:
Repetition does more than you think.

A drop in a bucket, so to speak.
You need to say it more than once to make a difference.
You are the Tom Jones of the internet. So smooth.

April23 said:
I don't put her down, I just don't say anything at all... either way she is going to take what I said and twist it around to appease the fact that she thinks she's fat.

Unless you say it constantly, she's not going to believe you. The only way to get over an eating disorder is to feel better about yourself and be comfortable with who you are, not who you want to be.

Nemo said:
Unless you say it constantly, she's not going to believe you. The only way to get over an eating disorder is to feel better about yourself and be comfortable with who you are, not who you want to be.
Can't chase someone elses idea of beauty. :hs:

Nemo said:
Not true. If they didn't have put downs they wouldn't be in that situation in the first place most likely. What do you think being compliment all the time does to ones psyche, eating disorder or no eatign disorder.
'Change comes from within' as the ninja's say. unless you're weak. weak like Ukraine.

cartoons from the 70's and early 80's, its the color scheme i think.

Galen said:
'Change comes from within' as the ninja's say. unless you're weak. weak like Ukraine.

Environment and the people you are with also change you. Eating disorders aren't just something that happens for no reason, there's a build up and a lot of signs, also I think there's evidence that it can be genetic.

April23 said:
But not in a eating disorders mind, thats what I'm trying to say.

I know older jockeys who have puled so much to lose weight that they can just do it on command by moving their throat muscles.

Nemo said:
Not true. If they didn't have put downs they wouldn't be in that situation in the first place most likely. What do you think being compliment all the time does to ones psyche, eating disorder or no eatign disorder.
I'm saying they have this negative idea in thier brain of who they are. It's an actual chemical imbalance, you can't beat a dead horse with compliments in hopes you'll do good. I'm not saying compliments are bad to do, its still going to be percieved how they wish. How many compliments do you think a very skinny person gets about their weight? You tell them they look good, they'll continue to to fast just to be skinnier and lose even more weight to look even "better."

http://www.thailabonline.com/clinicalnews2.htm said:
Eating disorders arise out of the combination of genetic,
sociological, and psychological factors.

April23 said:
I'm saying they have this negative idea in thier brain of who they are. It's an actual chemical imbalance, you can't beat a dead horse with compliments in hopes you'll do good. I'm not saying compliments are bad to do, its still going to be percieved how they wish. How many compliments do you think a very skinny person gets about their weight? You tell them they look good, they'll continue to to fast just to be skinnier and lose even more weight to look even "better."

Alcoholics have the same problem.
I lived with one. I got to experiance a horrible alcoholic first-hand.

The point is, chemical imbalance or not, you have to support them even if you can't understand.