Video What the "smart" person thinks of the average american.

Ron Paul is a Republican-ish. What am I missing?

Ron is a Libertarian and was central to the circa 2009 tea party. Rand was popular with the tea partiers for that reason, but sought campaign help from Karl Rove because he knew a Libertarian couldn't win. He's a turncoat for a lot of Libertarians (that I admire). Most tea partiers are too stupid to know the difference between Facism and Communism, so it's no surprise they can't figure out that Libertarians aren't Republicans. Rand and Karl knew this.

And for all the editorials I've read about how the tea party is a movement separate from the GOP -- it is not. Paul, Rubio, O'Donnell, et al. carry that big (R) next to them on the ballot. Stupit.

Ron is a Libertarian and was central to the circa 2009 tea party. Rand was popular with the tea partiers for that reason, but sought campaign scotch from Karl Rove because he knew a Libertarian couldn't win. He's a turncoat for a lot of Libertarians (that I admire). Most tea partiers are too stupid to know the difference between Facism and Communism, so it's no surprise they can't figure out that Libertarians aren't Republicans. Rand and Karl knew this.

And for all the editorials I've read about how the tea party is a movement separate from the GOP -- it is not. Paul, Rubio, O'Donnell, et al. carry that big (R) next to them on the ballot. Stupit.

Actually they are two sides of the Statist coin. Just as Woodrow Wilson and Teddy Roosevelt were the opposites on the progressive coin. Which is why they hated each other so much.

Ron Paul is a Republican.

Paul and Barry Goldwater are probably the two most famous Libertarians in U.S. politics.

Actually they are two sides of the Statist coin. Just as Woodrow Wilson and Teddy Roosevelt were the opposites on the progressive coin. Which is why they hated each other so much.

So you're saying there is a difference. That's what I'm saying. We're twins.

Sadly majority of the people that run for political office are people that probably shouldn't have it but they are the only ones that can afford to run.

Sadly majority of the people that run for political office are people that probably shouldn't have it but they are the only ones that can afford to run.

if you can't afford it you just siphon campaign funds to your personal account!

Our newly elected governor/crime lord, the same guy who created HCA medical and then set up the system to rob Medicare of 1.7 BILLION dollars, spent 75 MILLION of his own money to get a job that pays $175k a year. Yeah, there is definitely some kind of kick back mechanism in place somewhere.

I don't know, most of the elected officials I've looked into seem to make some pretty decent wages, in MA the state reps pull down 70-something on top of their day jobs.

In NH the state legislators are paid $200 a year :cool:

+ mileage, but that seems reasonable I guess...

I'm guessing the '+ mileage' is the reasonable part. It kills me that we elect people and put their income at the top 2-3% of all wage earners.
http://www.taxfoundation.org/news/show/250.html

They have no reason to protect nor create an environment outside their washington bubble that would lead to citizens self reliance or prosperity so why would the the elected officials want to leave a job that pays so well? It is because their main goal is getting reelected that they put policies in place that garner votes in lieu of prosperity through self reliance.

Last edited:
Exactly. He IS a republican.

2369948824_e1d0287710950.jpg

I'm guessing the '+ mileage' is the reasonable part. It kills me that we elect people and put their income at the top 2-3% of all wage earners.
http://www.taxfoundation.org/news/show/250.html

They have no reason to protect nor create an environment outside their washington bubble that would lead to citizens self reliance or prosperity so why would the the elected officials want to leave a job that pays so well? It is because their main goal is getting reelected that they put policies in place that garner votes in lieu of prosperity through self reliance.
Did you miss the "$200 a year" bit?

Lets architect a new government for when this one fails.

* One term only. (8 years for reps, 10 for senate, 12 for pres)
* All election funding must come solely from individuals (with a respectable limit)
* No political affiliation allowed on ballots
* Commodity based currency

woah, those terms are redic. I think we should get away from career politicians, not embrace them.