What should be on the menu for NYE?

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
Marklar
₥0
Get all creative on me and tell me what should be on my menu for NYE. Include recipes, plz.

PS - I think lobster is on there by default.

Be thankful you can ask questions like that. There are hundreds of thousand of people in the world today who don't have this luxury.

UNICEF said:
Be thankful you can ask questions like that. There are hundreds of thousand of people in the world today who don't have this luxury.
You're trying to blame me for you eating all the relief supplies?

ChikkenNoodul said:
Hey, they have sticks to play with, what more could they need?
Food in their bellies, parents that love them, and a roof over their heads. Oh yeah, and water not filled with their own feces and vomit.

theacoustician said:
You're trying to blame me for you eating all the relief supplies?
Nope, that would be April. I'm blaming you for the lack of gratuitous breast shots on CNN.

theacoustician said:
it probably wouldn't work in an apple, it might get messy plus the apple will remain warm while the martini should be ice cold.

as far as drinks go, pick a theme for your party and go from there. drinks from around the world- like mai tais, saki, sambvca, ouzo, etc. or you can go tropical and serve girly fruity stuff. or go classic, like black tie affair, and serve martinis of all fashions, brandy, and cognac.

i've always been a fan of hors d'oeuvres on new year's eve instead of a big dinner, it just seems more light-hearted and you don't have anything heavy in your stomach for the alcohol to take up residence in. i'm a fan of spanikopita, egg rolls, swedish meatballs, mini-quiches, and mini-stromboli slices. for dessert, serve baked alaska. always a crowd-pleaser.

F33nX said:
it probably wouldn't work in an apple, it might get messy plus the apple will remain warm while the martini should be ice cold.

as far as drinks go, pick a theme for your party and go from there. drinks from around the world- like mai tais, saki, sambvca, ouzo, etc. or you can go tropical and serve girly fruity stuff. or go classic, like black tie affair, and serve martinis of all fashions, brandy, and cognac.

i've always been a fan of hors d'oeuvres on new year's eve instead of a big dinner, it just seems more light-hearted and you don't have anything heavy in your stomach for the alcohol to take up residence in. i'm a fan of spanikopita, egg rolls, swedish meatballs, mini-quiches, and mini-stromboli slices. for dessert, serve baked alaska. always a crowd-pleaser.
What if you froze the hollowed out apple? Eh?

A theme ... hmmm. I will have to contemplate this.

Also, I'm not sure if Baked Alaska will be allowed. I might set the building on fire.

theacoustician said:
What if you froze the hollowed out apple? Eh?

A theme ... hmmm. I will have to contemplate this.

Also, I'm not sure if Baked Alaska will be allowed. I might set the building on fire.

if you froze the apple it's still warm up in your hands. plus there's really no identifying markers on apples ("pardon me, is mine the macoun or the granny smith?").

themes are fun, especially when executed well.

and baked alaska is easily done under the broiler. when you put the meringue on, freeze it for about 10 minutes, then stick it in a 500 degree oven for about 45 seconds. it serves the same purpose as the blow torch. and as far as making it flambé, clean half an eggshell, fill it with 151 until overflowing onto the LARGE plate holding the dessert, then light it from the eggshell. it looks fantastic. my recommendation is if you're going to do that, make it like today so it'll have plenty of time to harden