What Makes You Worry?

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
Houston
Marklar
₥60,587
[13:11] Zac!: omg, have you gone to lunch?
[13:11] AprilL: Noppers
[13:12] Zac!: do you have time? dillards has a bread machine that was $120 for $35!

Never would you hear that come from me. I'm so glad that he and I have enough estrogen between the both of us. :fly:

Oh and another you might be interested in, The Children's Place has their $3.99 monster clearance sale with an additional 20% coupon code BCMPC77 available. Shipping is $5 flat. Thanks tarzan

Oh and another you might be interested in, The Children's Place has their $3.99 monster clearance sale with an additional 20% coupon code BCMPC77 available. Shipping is $5 flat. Thanks tarzan

if this is for real i'm going to owe you big time. :hi2u:

so is it real?

Milk expiration dates are such a scam.

That isn't the expiration date .. that is the last day they can sell it in teh stores. Milk is typically good for at least another week, maybe a tad longer if you have your fridge set to a realy cold setting (you know, the one just before the one that freezes your lettuce :lol: ).

Also, if you put milk in a darker container (like solid walls instead of see through ..ie paper cartons (the white containers are opaque and will not work for this.. the yellow work better) it will stay unspoiled longer. Or so I've heard. It doesnt' last long enough in our fridge to test it out :lol:.

Milk can retain its freshness for up to one week after the expiration date on the carton.

Milk is better purchased in paper cartons which block 98 percent of the harmful effect of the light. The plastic containers in just four hours of store light can destroy 44 percent of the vitamin A in low fat and skim milk containers. Some markets have installed light shields to avoid the problem.

If milk is getting close to the curdling stage, try adding a teaspoon or two of baking soda to the milk. It will give you a few more good days.

milk will stay fresher longer, if you add a pinch of salt to each quart.

Cottage cheese will last longer if you store it upside down. Spores get into the cottage cheese and live on the oxygen layer when closed up. When you turn it upside down, you eliminate a percentage of the available oxygen and the spores cannot grow as fast.

Milk will not burn if you sprinkle a teaspoon of sugar on top of the milk before starting to cook. However, if you stir it, it may still burn.