What lies beneat the antarctic ice?

BigNev said:
ummm...okay. Then what is content? Pics of cats? Stories about how your day went?
Personally anything except typed, thought out articles on a specific topic arent content. That's why it is one of the most useless rules to have. Unfortunately the opposite of that is something like genmay where you have 500 people making cliched replies to ANY topic without any thought at all.

I didnt say your post was bad, I just said it didnt have content. Don't leap to conclusions :p

(^that is content btw)

FlamingGlory said:
Personally anything except typed, thought out articles on a specific topic arent content. That's why it is one of the most useless rules to have. Unfortunately the opposite of that is something like genmay where you have 500 people making cliched replies to ANY topic without any thought at all.

I didnt say your post was bad, I just said it didnt have content. Don't leap to conclusions :p

(^that is content btw)

dammit all those links are driving me crazy.

So if each one of my threads had had a paragraph or more of thoughts it would be content?

people are patenting various things from the antarctic, wait til one of them cures cancer and people stampede the south pole. a monolith. perfectly preserved dna from thousands of years ago. microbes thought dead that can be revived. test grounds for a trip to europa :drool: the secret to life on mars. hitler. and treeee fiddy.

oh yeah, water and ice and lakes

thrawn said:
people are patenting various things from the antarctic, wait til one of them cures cancer and people stampede the south pole. a monolith. perfectly preserved dna from thousands of years ago. microbes thought dead that can be revived. test grounds for a trip to europa :drool: the secret to life on mars. hitler. and treeee fiddy.

oh yeah, water and ice and lakes

you're annoying

BigNev said:
dammit all those links are driving me crazy.

So if each one of my threads had had a paragraph or more of thoughts it would be content?

Heck no, its more rambling then it is anything near content.

April23 said:
Does the sea have a name?
It is not a sea, it is a lake and it's name is Lake Vostok. It is 250 kilometers long by 40 kilometers wide at its widest point (155 by 25 miles) and is divided into two deep basins by a ridge. The water over the ridge is about 200 metres (650 feet) deep, compared to roughly 400 metres (1,300 feet) deep in the northern basin and 800 metres (2,600 feet) deep in the southern. Lake Vostok covers an area of 14,000 square kilometers (5,400 square miles), approximately the size of Lake Ontario. It has an estimated volume of 5,400 cubic km (1,300 cubic miles) and consists of fresh water.

Galen said:
It is not a sea, it is a lake and it's name is Lake Vostok. It is 250 kilometers long by 40 kilometers wide at its widest point (155 by 25 miles) and is divided into two deep basins by a ridge. The water over the ridge is about 200 metres (650 feet) deep, compared to roughly 400 metres (1,300 feet) deep in the northern basin and 800 metres (2,600 feet) deep in the southern. Lake Vostok covers an area of 14,000 square kilometers (5,400 square miles), approximately the size of Lake Ontario. It has an estimated volume of 5,400 cubic km (1,300 cubic miles) and consists of fresh water.

there are hundreds of lakes, vostok is one of them