What Ive been working on the last 2 weekends...

Mean Mr. Mustard

Always shouts out something obscene
Sep 30, 2004
Uranus
Marklar
₥51,323
Steam
heyfubuddy
Theres this weird "nook" (for lack of a better word) in the bedroom in my house, its wide enough to park a dresser in. Ive been putting the bedroom tv on top of that dresser, which makes it all wobbly and topheavy and basically unsafe. So I made this super-spiffy cabinet to fit in the space above it to house the tv/sat reciever and anything else we decide to stuff in it, on to the pics:

Dresser with cabinet above it, doors closed:
doorsclosed.jpg

The same, with the doors open. The doors seem to be in the way tho, dont they?
doorsopen.jpg

No worries, the doors slide back into the cabinet. Tell me thats not sexy:drool:
doorsback.jpg

One of my assistants:
buddy.jpg

I have a bunch of "in progress" pics, but I wont bore you with those. The next project is to gut the office, paint it, and make a giant built-in book case.
Its a lot of work, but it keeps me off the streets and out of trouble, I guess:fly:

I'm always amazed at how people can like....build shit. If I had to build a cabinet or other piece of functinal furniture or die, I would die.

the craftsmanship looks too good, i bet your assistant did all the work :fly:

i :heart: those sliding doors

did you construct the doors yourself or did you buy them in and assemble everything?

distortedmind said:
the craftsmanship looks too good, i bet your assistant did all the work :fly:

i :heart: those sliding doors

did you construct the doors yourself or did you buy them in and assemble everything?

I built it all from scratch myself.
Those doors were a complete pain in the ass to make , too

Woodworking is about a half inch away from magic to me. Its funny how some people find things so easy and others would most certainly die if given the same objective.

Drool-Boy said:
Theres this weird "nook" (for lack of a better word) in the bedroom in my house, its wide enough to park a dresser in. Ive been putting the bedroom tv on top of that dresser, which makes it all wobbly and topheavy and basically unsafe. So I made this super-spiffy cabinet to fit in the space above it to house the tv/sat reciever and anything else we decide to stuff in it, on to the pics:

Dresser with cabinet above it, doors closed:
[IG]http://uselessforums.com/files/100305/doorsclosed.jpg[/IMG]

The same, with the doors open. The doors seem to be in the way tho, dont they?
[IG]http://uselessforums.com/files/100305/doorsopen.jpg[/IMG]

No worries, the doors slide back into the cabinet. Tell me thats not sexy:drool:
[IG]http://uselessforums.com/files/100305/doorsback.jpg[/IMG]

One of my assistants:
buddy.jpg

I have a bunch of "in progress" pics, but I wont bore you with those. The next project is to gut the office, paint it, and make a giant built-in book case.
Its a lot of work, but it keeps me off the streets and out of trouble, I guess:fly:

Is that your toe? :drool: