Thread What is your superpower?

That is a really awesome power, but do you ever find you are haunted by it? Like can't escape from memories that aren't necessarily good? Or do you just find it awesome cause you can remember every inch of every hot chick you've ever banged?

No. there are a ton of memories I would probably be a lot better off without.

But, for what I do for a living, it means that I can pretty much assimilate any new technology pretty damn quickly and be proficient at it in very short order, assuming I'm putting effort into learning it.

It does have a limit though, my brain selectively dumps stuff from time to time.

Being a mom is like having a super power. Super hearing, I can hear the faintest note of distress from my kid even when she's not in the same room. Super smelling, I can sniff a poopy diaper with a quick hug. Super sight and ultra quick reflexes, I can leap coffee tables in a single bound if I see the kid ready to topple something or herself over.

I've got the photographic memory as well, it allowed me to ace high school and college. At work I'm able to rattle off numbers and figures at will, and also retain phone numbers, salaries, collections, anything with numbers. It's really quite freaky.

I have the uncanny ability to get freebies without asking.

I can be in a restaurant and eventhough we're in no rush, I can notice the dessert taking longer than usual and all I have to do is ask & poof, it comes right away and "we'll buy that for you." This happens almost every time I go out. Apps, dinners, desserts, drinks, all the time. It's weird. I worked in the industry so I cut them tons of slack and only ask when it's clearly obvious we should have what we ordered. Also, I can go into any store and pick up a few items and for some bizarre reason at least one of them, although unmarked, ends up being on clearance. I'm constantly asking "is that right?" and the checker will say, 'well, your _________, is coming up 50/75% off' or 'on clearance.' I have no idea how this works. And finally, I get rockstar parking all the fucking time. It's a running joke that I have to drive whenever I'm in a group. It doesn't matter the place we're headed or how crowded it is, one of the first two spots will be waiting for me. (and no, not the handicapped ones. . . lol). the first closest spot is has been named rockstar, and the 2nd is 'just' 'star' parking. I'm told I'm having an off day if we just get 'star parking.'

Last edited:
I have the ability to summon elevators. Seriously, in a bank of 10 elevators, the one I'm standing next to is the one that opens at least 93% of the time.