What is your goal for this year?

BeeRad said:
Honestly the boyfriend thing is at the very least of my worries. Dont get me wrong I dont go around stealing girls away from happy homes but I am hers and she is mine, no matter what. The main problem comes with the distance and families. She lives in NY and I live in FL, which is quite the distance. She has tried coming here before to be with me and then her sister had a baby. She moved back up to be with her family. I guess the main problem is me not wanting to move to NY to be with her. But actually my only problem is being financially stable, well that and her current boyfriend is NYPD, lol. I guess just right now in life our roads have not passed again but if it is meant to be they will(with a little help), hehe.

I think you should cool it for a bit. Give it time and separate yourselves. It sounds like now is not the right time to pursue. Wait a while and when she doesn't have a cop for a S.O., then consider furthering your relationship. It sounds too close to an obsession for my liking. Let time weave it's spell with out assists or nudging from you. I have this apaulled agression towards 'seeing someone on the side' and sneaking behind an S.O.'s back. [personal exirience.... *grumble, grumble*] If she wants to be with you, she will break up with Mr. NYPD of her own accord and you will be the first to know.

BeeRad said:
Honestly the boyfriend thing is at the very least of my worries. Dont get me wrong I dont go around stealing girls away from happy homes but I am hers and she is mine, no matter what. The main problem comes with the distance and families. She lives in NY and I live in FL, which is quite the distance. She has tried coming here before to be with me and then her sister had a baby. She moved back up to be with her family. I guess the main problem is me not wanting to move to NY to be with her. But actually my only problem is being financially stable, well that and her current boyfriend is NYPD, lol. I guess just right now in life our roads have not passed again but if it is meant to be they will(with a little help), hehe.

Long distance loves -1000

I've known of 3 long distance loves that made it longer than 6 months, none of them lasted more than a year. Time changes people. When you're away from someone for so long you don't change together, and whatever you had will be gone. After dating for over 3 years my high school sweetie forgot all about me within 6 months and had moved on to his next girlfriend. I didn't date for almost two years after that one...... you men are such dicks sometimes.

My father told me a long time ago that when someone truly loves you they will be compelled to be with you. A lot of guys talked the talk, but seldom ever walked the walk. If you truly love her and want to be with her then do something about it. Talk is cheap. You can't wait around for the right moment, it will never come. Your life is what you make of it.

Pandora said:
My father told me a long time ago that when someone truly loves you they will be compelled to be with you. A lot of guys talked the talk, but seldom ever walked the walk. If you truly love her and want to be with her then do something about it. Talk is cheap. You can't wait around for the right moment, it will never come. Your life is what you make of it.

we've got a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well said, pandora dear. :heart:

BeeRad said:
Yes, I can do that with anyone I have ever wanted to which is one of the perks of having some seriously screwy relationships. I do see your point but that advice will not work for me in this situation. Even if we do give up talking and go seperate ways I will see her again in the future. Which becomes a problem as we recently found out. She has been with her guy for 2 years, 1 look at me and she forgot who he was. We have this connection that leaves us speechless and that is impossible for me/us to forget. Its a very high probability that we will never be together again but I am not just gonna move on without trying. I wont be hurt due to the knowledge of it being such a small possibility. But how can you just walk away from that possiblity? could you?

Drama!!! Brad... Do we/I know her? I didn't know you were in love!!!:heart:

Okay, I gotta say this first. I would not trade my current position in life for anything. I love Dan and he is the absolute perfect man for me and I don't want to imagine a world without him. That being said...

I used to have a long distance relationship with a guy who lived in Florida. I lived in Maryland at the time and our relationship started when we were very young. Twelve in fact, but then his dad fell off a building and they had to move to Florida to live with his mom. At any rate, life kept taking me back to this guy and I loved him so completely it hurt not to be with him. For years, every time we saw each other it was perfect and our lives were complete. We both dated other people and lived our lives, but when we were together our normal lives stopped. He finally proposed when I was 19.

I knew he did not want or need to move back to Maryland, and I sort of wanted to move to Florida. I never took the initiative though and after years of us going back and forth on vacations and such, we finally grew apart and gave up. It was perhaps the saddest breakup I've ever had. No fighting, no hate, no disgust, we just gave up and let it go. He eventually moved and I lost touch with him. It's a shame to let something so beautiful die because of lack of motivation.

I know that it is expensive to move and it means leaving all your friends and everything you know, but you can do it with some preparation. If this girl is as special as you say she is, perhaps she is worth it. If she isn't worth it, then move on and find someone else that special. I did.

eileenbunny said:
Okay, I gotta say this first. I would not trade my current position in life for anything. I love Dan and he is the absolute perfect man for me and I don't want to imagine a world without him. That being said...

I used to have a long distance relationship with a guy who lived in Florida. I lived in Maryland at the time and our relationship started when we were very young. Twelve in fact, but then his dad fell off a building and they had to move to Florida to live with his mom. At any rate, life kept taking me back to this guy and I loved him so completely it hurt not to be with him. For years, every time we saw each other it was perfect and our lives were complete. We both dated other people and lived our lives, but when we were together our normal lives stopped. He finally proposed when I was 19.

I knew he did not want or need to move back to Maryland, and I sort of wanted to move to Florida. I never took the initiative though and after years of us going back and forth on vacations and such, we finally grew apart and gave up. It was perhaps the saddest breakup I've ever had. No fighting, no hate, no disgust, we just gave up and let it go. He eventually moved and I lost touch with him. It's a shame to let something so beautiful die because of lack of motivation.

I know that it is expensive to move and it means leaving all your friends and everything you know, but you can do it with some preparation. If this girl is as special as you say she is, perhaps she is worth it. If she isn't worth it, then move on and find someone else that special. I did.

I moved to Florida for the perfect life. It's definately worth it. :cool:

Thorn Bird said:
we've got a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well said, pandora dear. :heart:

Well following that advise has done well for me over the past 27 years, we'll see how the next 27 go.... :hs: My parents have been married over 35 years, and have made it through a lot together. I figure the man knows what he's talking about. ;)

eileenbunny said:
Okay, so it got sappy, but why is it okay to be serious about "the issues" if they are political or moral, but it isn't okay to be serious about matters of the heart? You are way too jaded for your own good. I love you anyway. :heart:
Sorry if I came off like that, I meant no offense, it's just not my thing :p

Also to boot, I have a fucking extreme version of the flu and my head is killing me. But that's no excuse. :p

Plus, you can't debate 'love' unless it's in that above sense you're speaking off, which I know nothing about but I'll keep typing anyway.

Wow, all I can say right now is how amazing you guys/girls are. When typing and kinda pouring my heart out I really just needed to vent and was pretty much expected to hear, shut up you P*ssy. All I can say is that you all are right and I need to take charge if I really want it, which I do. I just feel that I should at the moment let things play out to fate, serendipity to be more accurate. As shawn and candy can both tell you I am not the type to really be "in love" which is why this is so abnormal for me. Really all I can say is that all of you are amazing and just put some major thoughts into my head, thank you so much :)

BeeRad said:
Wow, all I can say right now is how amazing you guys/girls are. When typing and kinda pouring my heart out I really just needed to vent and was pretty much expected to hear, shut up you P*ssy. All I can say is that you all are right and I need to take charge if I really want it, which I do. I just feel that I should at the moment let things play out to fate, serendipity to be more accurate. As shawn and candy can both tell you I am not the type to really be "in love" which is why this is so abnormal for me. Really all I can say is that all of you are amazing and just put some major thoughts into my head, thank you so much :)
STFU pussy :cool: