What is your goal for this year?

Galen

Flaccid Member
Nov 25, 2004
Ireland
Marklar
₥0
I know that during the course of one day you have lots of thoughts about doing things, taking up new hobbies etc. and I know, better than most, that alot of these ideas tend to go unsung. Well, I hope this thread will at least keep one of those ideas you've had on track. Is there anything you'd really like to achieve before the end of this year?

For myself, one stands out. I would really love to be able to play classical violin at a high grade, something I've wanted to do all my life but have just never got around to doing so.

I'm lucky enough in that my sisters boyfriend is both a Professor of Music as well as a concert violinist, so here's hoping he'll teach me, or more than likely, at least keep this goal on track.

So there you have it, Chairman, I put this question to you.

ooooo. i wanna hear you play when you get there. i LOVE the violin, and i would love to learn it.

myself? hmm. tighter budget (which i'm failing right now, but i'm working on changing), learning knitting, making homemade cards, and trying new recipes. i tried three this past week!
i know these don't sound like a lot, but i don't have single-person time anymore. i've gotta take baby steps. i'd like to get knocked up, too, but we'll see how that goes. i might keep putting it off till never again. :D

Clean out my apartment (brother lit it on fire in the winter, huge smoke damage).

Not get dragged back into any former relationships.

Getting a job that doesnt go belly up would be nice but it isnt going to happen.

And I'm going to school for shits and giggles (seriously I just have nothing more interesting to do).

Will take test for the county sheriff reserve ERT team if they have an opening this year.

Bubbles said:
Goals for this year:

1. start job
2. go back to school
3. get cable and internet
4. visit Atlanta and Dallas
Why not try a holiday in sweden this year?

See the lovely lakes

The wonderful telephone system

Current goal is 20 lbs. in 60 days. Extremely strict diet and workout regimen. Cycle at least 1 hour a day, walk 1 mile afterwards to cool down, and lift weights every other day.

Been 2 weeks and and I'm down 7 pounds, so I'm well ahead of schedule. My energy level is already through the roof.

eileenbunny said:
Finish the basement
Learn some more ballroom dancing
Volunteer more - I'm actually already halfway there with this one as I have volunteered with three organizations so far and am planning on adding two more before the end of March.
I volunteered a few years ago with a program to teach mentally handicapped students. I found it to be incredibly unrewarding and kind of depressing. I plan to do some more volunteer work in the future, but I'm not so sure if it'll be with them.

I also hope to find a good old fashioned rugby team when I go to continue my studies at U of T for the next few years. None of these Americanised rugby teams suffixed with Xtreme names like "Raptors" or "Eagles".