What is your favorite alcoholic beverage

I know you can't get Ohio wines like that, but I am sure NY or Canada wines you could. Or I just fill up my car with cases and drive south for 12 hours.

yes you can. i've ordered from brietenbach.com numerous times and had it shipped. i shipped to both cleveland and alabama.

Traditionally not. And certainly not in FL. You would have to go to a specialty store and get charged a mega premium. Since the production levels are really low, they don't distribute that far away from the winery.

They sell ice wine at giant eagle. They also sold it in a Walmart in Birmingham.

Take a look at vineyards on Colorado's western slope. Many have been starting to produce their own Ice Wines due to the optimal nature of the environment there.

So are all reislings typically the same? Better as the price goes up?

it depends on if you're shopping for a german grape or a domestic grape. i picked up a german riesling for about $20 today, and i'm used to paying around $15 for my favorite american riesling (Dr. Konstantin Frank Semi-Dry 2006, it's a platinum medal-winning riesling).

if you're looking for something even a little smoother (riesling to me can sometimes have a bouquet of pears and gasoline, if you're into that kind of thing) is gewurztraminer. it's like the cousin of riesling but it tastes a little more buttery and can be a tad more versatile if you're drinking it with dinner (it goes well with thai, turkey, etc).

I had a friend in high school who would only drink the orange flavor mad dog. He'd keep the bottle in his pocket and frequently pull it out to inspect how much was left in the bottle like he was afraid that there was a little man in his pocket drinking it when he wasn't paying attention.

There *is*, damn bugger has gotten countless sips of my scotch :mad:

it depends on if you're shopping for a german grape or a domestic grape. i picked up a german riesling for about $20 today, and i'm used to paying around $15 for my favorite american riesling (Dr. Konstantin Frank Semi-Dry 2006, it's a platinum medal-winning riesling).

if you're looking for something even a little smoother (riesling to me can sometimes have a bouquet of pears and gasoline, if you're into that kind of thing) is gewurztraminer. it's like the cousin of riesling but it tastes a little more buttery and can be a tad more versatile if you're drinking it with dinner (it goes well with thai, turkey, etc).

The Niagara region has some spectacular Rieslings as well, though they would be harder to find for you guys. Cave Spring is one of my favourites for sure.

The Niagara region has some spectacular Rieslings as well, though they would be harder to find for you guys. Cave Spring is one of my favourites for sure.

Niagara is almost exclusively where I have grabbed Rieslings.

Ya that gasoline and/or alcohol taste is too overpowering.

I like Trimbach, goes excellent with seafood.