What is your dream job...

Sarcasmo said:
I used to do that. The company was called the U.S. Attorney's Office. We coordinated everything we did with the FBI and nailed and then prosecuted those sick fucks on a daily basis. It was beautiful. Oh the power we had and the high-tech toys we used... *sniff*
If I saw that kinda stuff everyday it would make me think too negatively. I would prolly start hating humanity or something. I'd become an evil mastermind determined to kill everyone on the planet with cool retro robots, straight outta Sky Captain. And Bai Ling would be my hawtie sidekick.

Pandora said:
If I saw that kinda stuff everyday it would make me think too negatively. I would prolly start hating humanity or something. I'd become an evil mastermind determined to kill everyone on the planet with cool retro robots, straight outta Sky Captain. And Bai Ling would be my hawtie sidekick.

WEIRDO! :lol:

Pandora said:

I thought so too, at first. I have a 2 year old at home, and everytime one of those bastard freaks went down I thought about my little boy and little boys and girls everywhere just like him. It's a crusade, albeit one where you want to kill the enemy but are forced to accept mere prison time. It's more empowering than hard. Being in the court room at trial 15 feet from the defendant without running over and smacking the shit out of him, that's hard.

Sarcasmo said:
I used to do that. The company was called the U.S. Attorney's Office. We coordinated everything we did with the FBI and nailed and then prosecuted those sick fucks on a daily basis. It was beautiful. Oh the power we had and the high-tech toys we used... *sniff*
Really? Interresting.
How did you get into something like that?

*Fuxx Burger* said:
Really? Interresting.
How did you get into something like that?

I decided I didn't want to be in the FBI, but I wanted to work with them.

A brief but important preface: When you make it into the FBI they assign you to a field office that is guaranteed to not be in your home town or whereever you lived at the time of enrollment in the Academy. Since I have a child, and especially since I'm also single, I decided that I didn't want to relocate to a city I had never been to and have to deal with all of that. And you have no idea where they're going to send you. You can tell them where you'd prefer to go, but ultimately the decision is theirs. You could end up in Montana, L.A., Puerto Rico, anywhere. My kid's security is a big deal to me, so no thanks. I'm too protective for that shit.

Anyway, I went to school, studied law and criminal justice, and that was that. I worked for the USAO as a paralegal. Best job I've ever had, it just doesn't pay much and I have a kid to think about. Telling you it was hard to leave would be an understatement. You don't do that kind of work for the money if you're like me.

i dont really know

i'd love to move to the middle of nowhere, have a grand garden, make wine, split wood, have a kid or two, burn things, shoot guns, teach my kids how to be devious, teach my kids how to scare their mom with dangerous experiments, wander about in the woods for no reason...i could go on...if i work all of that into employment, that would be the job.

aside from that, i have no dream job. there are a few things that i enjoy but no dream.

thrawn said:
i dont really know

i'd love to move to the middle of nowhere, have a grand garden, make wine, split wood, have a kid or two, burn things, shoot guns, teach my kids how to be devious, teach my kids how to scare their mom with dangerous experiments, wander about in the woods for no reason...i could go on...if i work all of that into employment, that would be the job.

aside from that, i have no dream job. there are a few things that i enjoy but no dream.
:wtf: change the make wine part into 'make beer' and we're twins mang

thrawn said:
i dont really know

burn things, shoot guns, teach my kids how to be devious, teach my kids how to scare their mom with dangerous experiments, wander about in the woods for no reason...i could go on...if i work all of that into employment, that would be the job.
QUOTE]

I'm sure Knyte would agree withyou on those things.

thrawn said:
i dont really know

I have lots of books about doing that. Parents wanted the whole self sufficeny thing back in the '70s apparently.

This book is pretty good if you're interested in that sort of thing. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_1/103-6292551-1558243?v=glance&s=books

Acting. I miss acting soo much. Throughout high school I was in 13 productions, between the fall one-act competition peices, student directed one-acts, and the main spring productions. Won best actor at Regional State One-Act Comp. my senior year too. It was so much fun. But since I knew I wanted to have a family, I figured being a starving artists in Hollywood trying to find work ws not the best way to support a family. So instead I became an engineer! Talk about a 180, lol.

Edit: STANISLAVSKI FO LYFE!

bast_imret said:
Acting. I miss acting soo much. Throughout high school I was in 13 productions, between the fall one-act competition peices, student directed one-acts, and the main spring productions. Won best actor at Regional State One-Act Comp. my senior year too. It was so much fun. But since I knew I wanted to have a family, I figured being a starving artists in Hollywood trying to find work ws not the best way to support a family. So instead I became an engineer! Talk about a 180, lol.

Edit: STANISLAVSKI FO LYFE!

Just whip out a spontaneous monologue every now and then while you're engineering things.