What is you Christmas Eve/Day meal like?

The classic Turkey with all the trimmings with the ENTIRE family for me this year. Shouldn't mess with perfection.

Christmas Eve I'll be taking my wife here for her birthday:

http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/main.cfm?action=location&element=initial&locID=1

Been taking her there for a few years now, I guess it's our tradition. Way too easy to drop a C-note+ :)

As for Christmas Day, we have a favorite traditional breakfast that we make. Not too much attention is paid to the later meals unless we are at someone else's house. Message me if you want to hear about the breakfast :drool:

Well for us, its always a mexican dinner on x-mas eve. For breakfast on x-mas day its homemade cinnamon roles, then around 3 or so its either turkey or ham.

A christmas EVE dinner is whataver you want it to be. If you want it to be 3 medium pizzas from Pizza Hut then so be it. Ifyou want a baked turkey roasted in the oven then so be it. Christmas is how everones chooses it to be. If one person chooses it to be different thjen theats how they have iot. anyways, donest listten to me, I've been drinking a little.

The now 30-people Phoenix clan makes the following:

Christmas Eve: n/a, don't really do anything
Christmas Day: Turkey
Ham
Stuffing (from inside the bird)
Stuffing (hand made)
Gravy
Corn
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Rice
Mashed Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes in Brown Sugar
Jello salad (hell if I know)
Various and sundry veggies
Cake
Apple Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Chocolate Crusted Chiffon pie
Brownies with icing

...that's about all I remember

DirkPhoenix said:
The now 30-people Phoenix clan makes the following:

Christmas Eve: n/a, don't really do anything
Christmas Day: Turkey
Ham
Stuffing (from inside the bird)
Stuffing (hand made)
Gravy
Corn
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Rice
Mashed Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes in Brown Sugar
Jello salad (hell if I know)
Various and sundry veggies
Cake
Apple Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Chocolate Crusted Chiffon pie
Brownies with icing

...that's about all I remember

Texas is like what a 20 hour drive from here. hmmmm

DirkPhoenix said:
Come on by, you can play paintball with the Phoenix Brothers (sans CharlesPhoenix, who is a pansy).

I'll let you hold my marker. :drool:
Sadly, I read that as marklar. I gotta get off the forums for a while.

Paintball sounds fun!

eve: going to a nice italian place in town.

day: whatever.

we're pretty laid back, considering there are only four of us, and we don't really go for tradition much.

usually my family goes to my aunt's and she does the whole italian "night of a bazillion fishes" dinner. on christmas day my mom usually makes a roast complete with all the happy side dishes.

this year, i'm going to bozusugoi's house. we're heading to the local bar on christmas eve, and christmas day we're having brunch, and then the two of us are going to surprise his family by making a turkey dinner (deep frying, woowoo) complete with a chocolate kaluha pecan pie. at least i think so, right honey?

BigBoi69 said:
oh man, pecan pie? With chocolate and kahlua??? *whimpers*

:drool:

with a big burgundy velvet bow on top, it's bill's mom's and dad's favorite apparently. easy christmas present (plus the pie plate i got bill's mom)