WTF What is the Creepiest Thing that Society Accepts as a Social Norm?

I THINK IT'S RIDICULOUS THAT HUMAN BEINGS SPEND SO MUCH TIME ARGUING OVER WHAT STUFF ARE "FACTS" AND WHAT POINTS AREN'T "FACTS."

HUMAN BEINGS NEED TO STOP ASSUMING THAT HUMAN BEINGS ARE THE END-ALL TO INTELLIGENCE.

HUMAN BEINGS NEED TO ACCEPT THAT WE DO NOT KNOW EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW, THAT WE WILL CONTINUE LEARNING STUFF, AND THAT WE WILL NEVER KNOW EVERYTHING.

FACT: IT WAS ONCE A FACT THAT THE EARTH WAS FLAT.

FACT: IT WAS ONCE A FACT THAT OUR SOLAR SYSTEM HAD NINE PLANETS. NOW SCHOOLS TEACH THAT THERE ARE ONLY EIGHT.

I THINK IT'S RIDICULOUS THAT HUMAN BEINGS SPEND SO MUCH TIME ARGUING OVER WHAT STUFF ARE "FACTS" AND WHAT POINTS AREN'T "FACTS."

HUMAN BEINGS NEED TO STOP ASSUMING THAT HUMAN BEINGS ARE THE END-ALL TO INTELLIGENCE.

HUMAN BEINGS NEED TO ACCEPT THAT WE DO NOT KNOW EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW, THAT WE WILL CONTINUE LEARNING STUFF, AND THAT WE WILL NEVER KNOW EVERYTHING.

FACT: IT WAS ONCE A FACT THAT OUR SOLAR SYSTEM HAD NINE PLANETS. NOW SCHOOLS TEACH THAT THERE ARE ONLY EIGHT.

Tsrh

creepiest things society of USA accepts???

1. we allow the leaders & programmers & controllers of this country and all rules to run amuck, simply because we feel so helpless. we should be terrified, which should motivate us to become more informed and EMPOWERED.

2. that greed (financial or political) is not only understood but ACCEPTED, UNSHOCKING and THE ULTIMATE MOTIVATOR, regardless of circumstance. everything should NOT have a price tag.

3. that EDUCATORS are GROSSLY underpaid while people who hold influence over our health and lifestyles remain OVERPROTECTED and UNRESPONSIBLE -- why should i not expect help and guidance and KNOWLEDGE from my DOCTOR regarding my own health? FOCUS should be NOT on the latest promotion from the current, most influential (to the wallet) pharmaceutical company but on WHAT IS IN MY BEST INTERESTS.

EDUCATORS ARE A MAAAAAAAAAJOR KEY TO CHANGING WHAT IS CURRENTLY WRONG -- we need to invest time and money into the very people responsible for significantly impacting vulnerable minds.

5. AMERICA IS RUNNING ON EMPTY -- how long can a nation survive AND thrive solely on reputation?

6. EVERYONE ELSE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU -- i can sue, i can blame, i can disrupt, i can throw a fit, i can expend INCREDIBLE ENERGY on a tantrum instead of INVESTING THAT ENERGY into my OWN life? assess where best to invest your energy, then do it.

7. FREEDOM EQUALS WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT TO DO -- NO. freedom is consequence of balanced choices -- freedom loses power if the pendulum swings too far one way or the other.

freedom doesn't equal selfishness. freedom doesn't equal abuse. freedom doesn't equal recklessness.

if freedom is a result of choice -- YOU NEED TO ALWAYS CHOOSE WISELY. society ALSO requires TOLERANCE, RESPECT, EDUCATION, ETIQUETTE (omg TREE) in order for FREEDOM to SUCCESSFULY THRIVE.

freedom is like a science experiment -- it requires people to invest time, energy, nourishment, consideration, and balance in order to remain balanced and alive.

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person

WELL THEY ARE WRONG! There are still 9, Pluto 4lyfe!

IT WAS NEVER A DAMNED FACT THAT THE EARTH IS FLAT BECAUSE FACTS ARE UNIVERSAL TRUTHS.
IF ALL HUMANS WERE WIPED OUT AND TURTLES EVOLVED INTELLIGENCE THEY WOULD FIND THAT THE WORLD WAS NEVER FLAT BECAUSE IT IS THE TRUTH.

It was never a fact that the earth was flat
Just a widely accepted theory
Wasnt even really a theory, it was a spurious claim advanced by Darwin's opponents in an effort to discredit him. I forget the specifics though.

Also, I believe that pre-planet status of Pluto, there was no universally accepted standard of what a planet was, so technically anything that you claimed was a planet actually was one.

Coincidentally, while "Yo Mama" jokes still reference gravitational fields and orbits, the incidences of permutations of the joke "Yo Mama is the 10th planet" have dropped dramatically.

Super cereal about all the above

creepiest things society of USA accepts???

1. we allow the leaders & programmers & controllers of this country and all rules to run amuck, simply because we feel so helpless. we should be terrified, which should motivate us to become more informed and EMPOWERED.

2. that greed (financial or political) is not only understood but ACCEPTED, UNSHOCKING and THE ULTIMATE MOTIVATOR, regardless of circumstance. everything should NOT have a price tag.

3. that EDUCATORS are GROSSLY underpaid while people who hold influence over our health and lifestyles remain OVERPROTECTED and UNRESPONSIBLE -- why should i not expect help and guidance and KNOWLEDGE from my DOCTOR regarding my own health? FOCUS should be NOT on the latest promotion from the current, most influential (to the wallet) pharmaceutical company but on WHAT IS IN MY BEST INTERESTS.

EDUCATORS ARE A MAAAAAAAAAJOR KEY TO CHANGING WHAT IS CURRENTLY WRONG -- we need to invest time and money into the very people responsible for significantly impacting vulnerable minds.

5. AMERICA IS RUNNING ON EMPTY -- how long can a nation survive AND thrive solely on reputation?

6. EVERYONE ELSE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU -- i can sue, i can blame, i can disrupt, i can throw a fit, i can expend INCREDIBLE ENERGY on a tantrum instead of INVESTING THAT ENERGY into my OWN life? assess where best to invest your energy, then do it.

7. FREEDOM EQUALS WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT TO DO -- NO. freedom is consequence of balanced choices -- freedom loses power if the pendulum swings too far one way or the other.

freedom doesn't equal selfishness. freedom doesn't equal abuse. freedom doesn't equal recklessness.

if freedom is a result of choice -- YOU NEED TO ALWAYS CHOOSE WISELY. society ALSO requires TOLERANCE, RESPECT, EDUCATION, ETIQUETTE (omg TREE) in order for FREEDOM to SUCCESSFULY THRIVE.

freedom is like a science experiment -- it requires people to invest time, energy, nourishment, consideration, and balance in order to remain balanced and alive.
I agree with this post.

:heart: thorn

And Pluto will always be a planet in my book.

Intrusive pat downs at security checkpoints, whether it is at an airport or a concert venue.
Full body scanners as well using whatever technology.

Last edited:
Yeah you don't, if you're not too bothered about catching your flight etc.
When we flew last Christmas (out of ORD) they basically waved us through security with little more than a bag X-ray and walk through the metal detector.

They made a senior citizen get out of her wheelchair and use the imager, and then searched her though.

Apparently having kids gets you out of mist security. Was the same in Pensacola going home.
Exactly! There are plenty of other modes of transportation.
I've heard they will be starting the security theater on Amtrak this year. :(

When we flew last Christmas (out of ORD) they basically waved us through security with little more than a bag X-ray and walk through the metal detector.

They made a senior citizen get out of her wheelchair and use the imager, and then searched her though.

Apparently having kids gets you out of mist security. Was the same in Pensacola going home.

same for us when we flew with our little guy. they took and scanned a couple of pouches of baby food, then told us "that's slightly larger than what you're supposed to take, but it's clearly just baby food so it's ok this time". we breezed through coming back home too.

same for us when we flew with our little guy. they took and scanned a couple of pouches of baby food, then told us "that's slightly larger than what you're supposed to take, but it's clearly just baby food so it's ok this time". we breezed through coming back home too.
So the moral of the story here is to pack your kids luggage with contraband. Hmmm....