What is the cheapest way to get to Europe?

They knock off the price but you still pay for it and have to fly by their schedule. You also usually have to buy a membership. Only worth it if you are going to fly a bunch of times.

Sure if you go with a courier flight service. Many independent companies will pay for plane tickets just for the checked baggage space and then you can't check any bags at all, but the flight is free. All they require you to do is make sure that their cargo gets where it needs to be. I've had many friends do just this without going through the services where you have to pay for membership and stuff. It might be inconvenient because you have to fly on someone else's schedule and travel light, but free is always good if you can be flexible and take the time to find a business that is doing this.

Sure if you go with a courier flight service. Many independent companies will pay for plane tickets just for the checked baggage space and then you can't check any bags at all, but the flight is free. All they require you to do is make sure that their cargo gets where it needs to be. I've had many friends do just this without going through the services where you have to pay for membership and stuff. It might be inconvenient because you have to fly on someone else's schedule and travel light, but free is always good if you can be flexible and take the time to find a business that is doing this.
Many companies also only split the cost of the ticket. Sans a service just for a company, you dont have to pay to get in on it but a lot still only do 60%-80% of the ticket.

Not flying on your own schedule literally means that unless you really luck out to find a flight where you want to go when you have time off, you schedule around their schedule. It might be on a random tuesday in march at 5am with a 48 hour layover.

Not saying it isnt cheap, just making sure everyone is well informed.

I still only paid $350 (incl. taxes) for my tickets last year. No courier, no special deal, just retail from orbitz.com. Only special thing I did was schedule it from a major airport to another major airport 9 months ahead of time. It's commuter flights that make things pricey. There are $230.95 in non waiveable taxes on flgihts to europe though (security fees).

Blue water is the cheapest way to get there overall.