What is it you want?

Detman101 said:
1. post more? Greater interest in various subjects instead of closed-circle conversations.
2. invite more people here? More pics, photos and interesting topics. Less closed-circle conversations/threads
3. write articles/make fake ads for the front page? Just ask me.

Dm of mD
Well, than open it up with different thread topics. I don't think people are unwilling to talk about other stuff, I just don't think they know sometimes what to post about. I'm sure if you started up a thread about something you're interested in, people would participate. Then they'd get to know you better and it would snowball from there. As long as its semi-worksafe and not blatent spam, go for it dude.

And a general note about the front page stuff. Any time any of you have an idea, submit it via the link at the top of the forum. Almost all of the ideas we get are good, they just suffer from 2 problems : 1. too short and/or 2. half baked execution. If you have an idea and you need help, we can get your creative juices flowing. If you want to submit an article, we can help you develop it from "heh, that was cute" to "OMG, i think i laughed till i squeezed out a turd".

theacoustician said:
What do you think it would take to get you to ...

...post more?
...invite more people here?
...write articles/make fake ads for the front page?

Just wondering cause we're looking at developing some promotions.

I think I post plenty....
Everyone I care about talking to is already here.
I'm not creative enough to compete with Fat Burger in this arena.

Detman101 said:
1. post more? Greater interest in various subjects instead of closed-circle conversations.
2. invite more people here? More pics, photos and interesting topics. Less closed-circle conversations/threads
3. write articles/make fake ads for the front page? Just ask me.

Dm of mD

Any particular subjects you want to discuss?

EDIT: Krispy Kreme comes to mind right now :p

Last edited:
dreamwalker said:
Any particular subjects you want to discuss?

That's what I was going to ask..... it seems that no matter what, when a semi-decent conversation gets started, it always gets derailed in a hurry. Something I think we're all guilty of contributing to, to a certain degree.

BigDov said:
That's what I was going to ask..... it seems that no matter what, when a semi-decent conversation gets started, it always gets derailed in a hurry. Something I think we're all guilty of contributing to, to a certain degree.

Yeah, I think we all do that, but if a conversation is really interesting to anyone in particular it will probably go right on around and over the extraneous chatter.

not much more you can do for me outside of giving away real physical prizes, which i wouldn't expect or really condone. i have copious amounts of marklar from the arcade, and don't really care about other rewards that could be given.

i personally think we need to expand our posting base a bit. i've invited one person, which is half as many as i invited to the [M] over the course of two and a third years. most of my friends look for at least a semi-serious board, and would quickly get tired of the constant goat/Funzie/whatever jokes.

most of the ideas i've had for an article have kind of been put on the back burner for a while, and after revisiting, i realize they've been utter crap i refuse to waste my time on. i am not gifted with the writing style this crowd finds funny, nor can i really fake it.

so keep the arcade games coming to foster my sense of competition (greed), and i'll keep amassing my fortune and posting my four posts a day.

ChikkenNoodul said:
:D

Actually, I had an IV for a CT scan that day
ooo, those are fun. I especially like the part were the iodine is injected into your system, and you feel like you peed your pants.

BigDov said:
Sometimes.... :)

Sometimes the derailing ends up more interesting than the original thread was, so I don't think it's all bad. At least we don't have *too* many totally retarded threads going.

dreamwalker said:
Sometimes the derailing ends up more interesting than the original thread was, so I don't think it's all bad. At least we don't have *too* many totally retarded threads going.
i agree. the new twist on some threads makes for a more interesting posting experience.