What is it you want?

Nyx

Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
4,683
0
0
Planet Hell
Harper said:
yeah, i was having one of my stump appendicitis attacks, and couldnt keep anything down. plus, they has given me morphine for the pain, and my mother had to wake me up every 5 minutes to get me to drink.

Sounds absolutely miserable :(

How long did it last?
 
H

Harper

Guest
dreamwalker said:
Sounds absolutely miserable :(

How long did it last?
well, have a seat, this is a long ass story.

April 1997:
Appendicitis. I had my appendix removed through laparoscopic surgery. Recovered fine.

August 2003:
Woke up with crucial stomach pains, nausua and vomiting. Went to the ER at 5 am and they told me my ovary had a cyst on it that burst.

Sept 2003:
Again, woke up with stomach pains. Pain is actually worse than before, but pain is in the same area (covering the upper abdomin, with pain in lower right quadrant when pressure is applied). I thought it was another cyst bursting. Went to the ER, and they said it wasn't. They did a CT scan, said that it was appendicits. I had to show them my appendectomy scars to prove to the techs that i did have my appendix taken out. (they weren't supposed to tell me what they thought it was, but they thought it was the weirest thing they had seen in a while). My Doc comes in and wants the pathology report and doctors notes from my 1997 surgery. My dad faxes it over and I am kept in the hospital overnight for observation.

Oct 2003:
Happens again on a lesser scale, no ER visit. Doc tells me that if it happens one more time that he is going to refer me to a gastroenterologist as he thinks its either crohn's, adhesions from the cyst burtsting, stump appendicitis, or something else like cancer.

Thanksgiving, Nov 2003:
Went to bed with a slightly uneasy stomach, woke up two hours later with mind blowing pain. Woke up my mother (as i was visiting them for thanksgiving) and we went to the ER. The gave me morphine and tried to get me to drink the contrast for another CT scan, but I couldnt keep it down. Did the scan anyway but with more Iodine. Same thing as before, they tell me that i have appendicits. I am released the same day still in a little pain. Its hard to find a pharmacy open on thanksgiving afternoon to fill your prescription of hydrocodone.

Dec 2003:
Got referred to the gastroenterologist. Had a colonoscopy done. I offically do no have crohns. (I have pics of this if anyone wants me to post them :) ). Gastroenterologist suggests exploritory surgery.

Jan - March 2004:
General slight "attacks." nothing I couldnt deal with on my own and with my left over pain meds. I find that gas-ex, oddly, helps with the pressure and pain.

March 2004:
Exploritory surgery. Doc finds the surgen from 1997 left and inch and a half of appendix in my body, and that had been infected. Since that surgery, I haven't felt any pain like it. I can now also feel "stuff" move through my colon. I know within 5 minutes of when I am going to feel the need to poop. Its kinda odd.
 
I

I Robert I

Guest
It seems I'm turning more and more into a lurker lately. I don't really know why. Most likely it's because I'm tired when getting home from work.
 
H

Harper

Guest
ChikkenNoodul said:
I thought that was normal :lol:
is it? i mean, you can put your hand on the left side of my abdomin and you can feel the poop going down.
 

Nyx

Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
4,683
0
0
Planet Hell
Harper said:
well, have a seat, this is a long ass story.

April 1997:
Appendicitis. I had my appendix removed through laparoscopic surgery. Recovered fine.

August 2003:
Woke up with crucial stomach pains, nausua and vomiting. Went to the ER at 5 am and they told me my ovary had a cyst on it that burst.

Sept 2003:
Again, woke up with stomach pains. Pain is actually worse than before, but pain is in the same area (covering the upper abdomin, with pain in lower right quadrant when pressure is applied). I thought it was another cyst bursting. Went to the ER, and they said it wasn't. They did a CT scan, said that it was appendicits. I had to show them my appendectomy scars to prove to the techs that i did have my appendix taken out. (they weren't supposed to tell me what they thought it was, but they thought it was the weirest thing they had seen in a while). My Doc comes in and wants the pathology report and doctors notes from my 1997 surgery. My dad faxes it over and I am kept in the hospital overnight for observation.

Oct 2003:
Happens again on a lesser scale, no ER visit. Doc tells me that if it happens one more time that he is going to refer me to a gastroenterologist as he thinks its either crohn's, adhesions from the cyst burtsting, stump appendicitis, or something else like cancer.

Thanksgiving, Nov 2003:
Went to bed with a slightly uneasy stomach, woke up two hours later with mind blowing pain. Woke up my mother (as i was visiting them for thanksgiving) and we went to the ER. The gave me morphine and tried to get me to drink the contrast for another CT scan, but I couldnt keep it down. Did the scan anyway but with more Iodine. Same thing as before, they tell me that i have appendicits. I am released the same day still in a little pain. Its hard to find a pharmacy open on thanksgiving afternoon to fill your prescription of hydrocodone.

Dec 2003:
Got referred to the gastroenterologist. Had a colonoscopy done. I offically do no have crohns. (I have pics of this if anyone wants me to post them :) ). Gastroenterologist suggests exploritory surgery.

Jan - March 2004:
General slight "attacks." nothing I couldnt deal with on my own and with my left over pain meds. I find that gas-ex, oddly, helps with the pressure and pain.

March 2004:
Exploritory surgery. Doc finds the surgen from 1997 left and inch and a half of appendix in my body, and that had been infected. Since that surgery, I haven't felt any pain like it. I can now also feel "stuff" move through my colon. I know within 5 minutes of when I am going to feel the need to poop. Its kinda odd.

Wow. I cannot imagine :egads:

You can actually feel stuff moving as it's being digested???
 
H

Harper

Guest
dreamwalker said:
Wow. I cannot imagine :egads:

You can actually feel stuff moving as it's being digested???
no, only on the sides, so that makes it only in my colon. so by then it should be pretty much past digestion.
 

Nyx

Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
4,683
0
0
Planet Hell
Harper said:
no, only on the sides, so that makes it only in my colon. so by then it should be pretty much past digestion.

Pretty much so by that point, but still :eek:

And here we have an example of a thread that got derailed and ended up on a different, albeit interesting, subject :fly:
 

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
103,114
37,793
1,823
Houston
Lynnakitty said:
Simon in the arcade? :)
Lynnakitty said:
-annoyed-
Hey ma'am, please calm down. There is no simon, there will never be simon (Sometimes I lie :heart: ) Also, simon sucks space we'd rather use on smashing penquin games. Run along now. :)
 
P

PinkysAvenger

Guest
Pinkys List of Demands:

1) Burnt Umber as a valid color selection
2) More Porn
3) Contests/Giveaways
4) Less Funzie (he scares me)
5) 6 moneys named stanley floating down the river styx in a canoe made of munster cheese
 

Percy Thrillington

Too Many People
Sep 30, 2004
66,513
34,214
1,323
51
Uranus
Steam
heyfubuddy
PinkysAvenger said:
Pinkys List of Demands:

1) Burnt Umber as a valid color selection
2) More Porn
3) Contests/Giveaways
4) Less Funzie (he scares me)
5) 6 moneys named stanley floating down the river styx in a canoe made of munster cheese


1 no
2 no
3 no
4 fuck you
5 shut up
 
I

I Robert I

Guest
PinkysAvenger said:
Pinkys List of Demands:

1) Burnt Umber as a valid color selection
I tried to buy it for you but it appears you have do do it yourself. Aaanyways, put in "#8A3324" instead of "Burnt Umber" and you're all set.
This is the colour
 

thrawn

Flaccid Member
Oct 13, 2004
14,850
0
0
I Robert I said:
I tried to buy it for you but it appears you have do do it yourself. Aaanyways, put in "#8A3324" instead of "Burnt Umber" and you're all set.
This is the colour



omg hex code is scary

:(