WTF What I don't like about the Harry Potter world

And if she does have a stroke maybe that dead fish game won't be as difficult!

Exactly. And it also lowers the changes of ovarian cancer (or some chick cancer, can't remember). So it all balances out. And don't you need to be smoking on the pill to REALLY increase the stokes and other negative shit anyway?

And if she does have a stroke maybe that dead fish game won't be as difficult!

you're a mean girl Regina George!!

004MGI_Rachel_McAdams_009.jpg

Why in the world would you make a thread about something you hate? Why wouldn't you just dismiss it? Focusing on something you don't like is kind of self damaging.

I like Harry Potter. I thought the books were fun to read and the movies were interesting too. It made me happy. I'm sorry it didn't make you happy. Maybe you should try something that makes you happy. I won't knock you for it. I'll be glad you are happy.

Last time I checked this is a discussion forum, we discuss thing here.

Why in the world would you make a thread about something you hate? Why wouldn't you just dismiss it? Focusing on something you don't like is kind of self damaging.

I like Harry Potter. I thought the books were fun to read and the movies were interesting too. It made me happy. I'm sorry it didn't make you happy. Maybe you should try something that makes you happy. I won't knock you for it. I'll be glad you are happy.
I never said I hated it, never said I didnt enjoy the books. It's just this one thing bothers me, most books about magic end up explaining it, HP doesnt
It's a classic hero tale about a wizard. It's not for everyone. What do you like to read?
It really is a classic

Bahaahahaha.

Exactly. And it also lowers the changes of ovarian cancer (or some chick cancer, can't remember). So it all balances out. And don't you need to be smoking on the pill to REALLY increase the stokes and other negative shit anyway?

It does lower the risk of ovarian cancer but increases the risk of breast cancer, uterine cancer, and possibly liver cancer although that's not really clear. So I'm not sure it balances out. And no, smoking is not the only way you really increase the risk of stroke while on the pill. It increases the risk for everyone, especially those who smoke or those who have a history of stroke in their family.

Last time I checked this is a discussion forum, we discuss thing here.

Yeah, but I don't go around focusing on the things I don't like enough to be bothered to make a thread about it. Except that Call Me Maybe song. And then I make like a bazillion threads. But none of them are actually about that song. Despite their titles. So there. I like making threads about things I do like. Like bacon. Mmmm bacon. I want some bacon.

Harry Potter was ok but I still don't understand how it got the recognition it got. It wasn't any better than a tons and tons of other series in the genre. I can't think of too many things that were totally so original about the series that it should have gotten that mainstream popular. Of course I think the same thing about Twilight.

Harry Potter was ok but I still don't understand how it got the recognition it got. It wasn't any better than a tons and tons of other series in the genre. I can't think of too many things that were totally so original about the series that it should have gotten that mainstream popular. Of course I think the same thing about Twilight.

*shrugs*

It got talked up by the right media personality at the right time, I guess.

There's no conservation of energy. Spells take no effort, you just learn how to pronounce them properly and wiggle your arm around. What the fucking fuck is that about? Shit, power is assumed by someone who has the gall to go out and split his soul a couple times just because he can.

Nevermind the fact that these people have never heard of guns or any of that shit, it's a damned good thing that Voldemort hated Muggles so much, one of those crazy fuckers might've told him about anthrax or nuclear bombs or some shit

I'm watching the last movie right now.
Why the fuck did they only grab one Basilisk fang?

Have you ever read the Watch series ... um, it's by some Russian guy, if only I had a device that could look up these things. They talk about the conservation of power and the risk of using all of your power.

I need clarification on what genre you think Harry Potter is in.

And Twilight sucks.

Twilight has made a generation of woman revert back to being clingy and co-dependant as they believe that is what defines love.

Twilight has made a generation of woman revert back to being clingy and co-dependant as they believe that is what defines love.

Negative.
It has given men very easily applied litmus test for the intelligence of women.

Like all litmus tests there are false positives, but they are few and far between

Negative.
It has given men very easily applied litmus test for the intelligence of women.

Like all litmus tests there are false positives, but they are few and far between

I liked the Twilight series and I'm not stupid. I know it's trash but it was fun to read just like a lot of other books. And although it might be a kind of co-dependent sort of relationship there is something to be said for a good looking, nice guy who respects a girl and insists on monogamy and marriage before sex. The girl doesn't need to be quite so pathetic, but then I don't know a lot of people who haven't felt the desperation of a broken heart and isolated themselves for a while, especially as teenagers. In fact, I've met more guys who have been pathetic in this regard then girls. So, yeah, it's a silly little love story that some people happen to like. I liked My Fair Lady too. I also like Jane Austin novels.