WTF What I don't like about the Harry Potter world

So for the entire series we have one spell that shows that it takes effort to use? I'd argue that it takes more effort to think of a memory happy enough to power the patronus than it takes to actually cast the spell. They've got spells that allow you to transmogrify into a column of smoke and fly all over the countryside, they've also got spells that allow you to transport yourself miles and miles away and they take no more effort than walking down the street.

In order to deflect bullets they have to have a spell ready and have to whip out a couple words and a little flourish (that's if they have a spell that will do the same thing as deflecting a bullet, with their technology level the closest they have would be a crossbow at close range). In order to shoot someone all you have to do is point and squeeze, and that's if it's a "fair" fight and they are face to face.

Had the Order of the Phoenix had a sniper and the will to use him they wouldn't have had to bother with any of that bullshit. Bullet dipped in Basilisk poison? Nagini is now a long tube of meat flopping around, no more horcrux

More than one. As well as the more you do it, the easier it is and the more powerful it is.....just like anything else in this world.

And clearly you haven't read the books or seen the movies as the wizards were able to do this stuff without words as well as doing things instantaneously. So to shoot someone, you need to pull the gun out, to deflect the bullet you need to pull the wand out.

Hard to take out a Basilisk when you're dead because you had to look to shoot it.

Which doesn't follow the conservation of energy. It takes less effort the more you do it? Yeah, that works when you build muscle or do a repetitive task and build muscle memory, I guess it could make sense in the actually visualizing of the happy memory.

I didn't care much for the movies as I had read the books, and while they might be able to do spells with no vocal component no one seems to do so except for maybe Dumbledore.

And I didn't say it would be easy to take out a Basilisk, I said that you could use a bullet dipped in Basilisk venom to kill Nagini from a mile out

Which doesn't follow the conservation of energy. It takes less effort the more you do it? Yeah, that works when you build muscle or do a repetitive task and build muscle memory, I guess it could make sense in the actually visualizing of the happy memory.

I can't run a 5k now. You're saying I'll never be able to run a 5k?

Everyone but the students did it with no vocal component. They even talk about it in the books.

And you have to kill the Basilisk to get the venom.

I said that works when you build muscle, don't start arguing like Kharessi, I can't take two of you

I know that they talk about it in the books, and while they might be able to be non-verbal for a spell, they still have to wiggle their hand about and think the spell. That might make the fight more even, but it's still not necessarily faster than a gun, it depends on both parties involved
And it still doesn't help against a sniper

The Basilisk is already dead, Harry killed it already, duh.

I said that works when you build muscle, don't start arguing like Kharessi, I can't take two of you

I know that they talk about it in the books, and while they might be able to be non-verbal for a spell, they still have to wiggle their hand about and think the spell. That might make the fight more even, but it's still not necessarily faster than a gun, it depends on both parties involved
And it still doesn't help against a sniper

The Basilisk is already dead, Harry killed it already, duh.

Just like physical activities with muscles, your brain forms synaptic connections to functions that you do. As you do it more, the more connections are formed, thus the ability to recall or perform a mental concept much faster. Regarding a physical exhaustion, your body's energy is used to perform and control the magic....so yes, you can wear yourself out performing a spell.

Oh how convenient, you don't want to use magic for anything but you need to depend on magic for your current hypothetical? :p

It's ludicrous to suppose that the body's energy is used to power the magic, to control it, yeah that's fairly evident, but there's nothing to show that the human body powers it. There are no first year students being admitted to the medical ward for exhaustion, Ron or Hermione would have done it.

You could kill Voldemort's current body with a regular bullet from a mile away, I mentioned Basilisk venom in order to kill Nagini, who is a horcrux. For whatever reason Horcrux are extremely resilient and need something other than force to destroy them.

I know, but they also have modern day science over on the muggle side of the fence.

There are other things that I could mention, but the CoE is the main one for me.

Your fallacy is your assumption that the harry potter universe follows the same rules of physics as our own. Technically anything is possible in a fictitious universe, as you can't break laws that aren't defined.

Science, bitches.

I'm so not reading this but, Harry Potter is sooooooo fucking stupid. Like really stupid.

The end.

Why in the world would you make a thread about something you hate? Why wouldn't you just dismiss it? Focusing on something you don't like is kind of self damaging.

I like Harry Potter. I thought the books were fun to read and the movies were interesting too. It made me happy. I'm sorry it didn't make you happy. Maybe you should try something that makes you happy. I won't knock you for it. I'll be glad you are happy.

prescription lables

Don't be ridiculous, she doesn't bother reading them. Then she would know what poison she was putting in to her body.

Sort of like women who don't know that taking birth control puts you at an increased risk for having a stroke. It's been on every birth control label for as long as I have been eligible to take the stuff.

Don't be ridiculous, she doesn't bother reading them. Then she would know what poison she was putting in to her body.

Sort of like women who don't know that taking birth control puts you at an increased risk for having a stroke. It's been on every birth control label for as long as I have been eligible to take the stuff.

So? It's worth it. I know that FOR SURE after this weekend.