What I did with my summer vacation...... (pics warning)

BigDov

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
close to Seattle
Marklar
₥0
What I Did With My Summer Vacation.

The first day of my summer vacation, I got up. I went downtown to look for a job. I hung out in front of the drug store.

The second day of my summer vaction, I got up. I went downtown to look :blah:

Okay, so that's not quite true. We went to the San Diego Wild Animal Park, Disneyland, California Adventure, and SeaWorld. And visited some friends on the way there. Won't bore you with too many pics of the kids/family because I know how much some of you are haters of that sort of thing ;) I sifted through almost 2gb of pics and pulled out some of the good ones. The rest, there's lots of kids, family stuff and some blurry ones :lol:

The obligatory kid pics: took these when we stopped at our friends' house in Bakersfield. Spent the night with 'em, had a bbq, had a great time catching up. And we watched the Baja 1000 in hi-def too :drool:

Rebekah:
rebekahsmilin.JPG

Kassie:
kassiepoutin.JPG

Jocelyn:
babyJ.JPG

From Bakersfield, we journeyed on down to Oceanside to stay with my brother-in-law and his semi-retarded brood. Always an adventure. However, he lives about half an hour away from the San Diego Wild Animal Park, which to me, is easily one of the coolest places ever. They have hundreds of acres and animals roaming all over the place.

A bird (heron of some sort I think):
somebird.JPG

Part of the park is a valley where they let the animals roam free- there's a train ride around it that ends up taking about an hour to complete. Excellent place for pics.

Can't remember what these things were, but they looked like the character Tim Curry played in Legend:
holysmokes.JPG

There's more rhino's there than I've ever seen in any one place- this guy was just wandering around:
bigoldhorn.JPG

Don't remember what these were, but I remember they lived in swamps somewhere. You can see in the background how big this place is- the base of the hill is where the park goes to:
bunchasomethins.JPG

Took a couple pictures just for fly:
4flymonkeynutz.JPG

4flyzebra_ass.JPG

There's also a lot to see inside the park. They have little shows hourly with animals, you can feed giraffes, there's a petting area with some deer, birdhouses, and the list goes on. One of the shows we watched was with some nifty little African cat that hunts birds. Again, can't remember the name of it, but that little guy could jump 5ft in the air with ease.

birdhunter.JPG

gettingdrink.JPG

A giraffe:
giraffe.JPG

As you walk through the place, there's all kinds of flowers and plants lining the pathways, many from Africa and Asia, all very nice to look at. I took more than this, but I liked this one the best:
purtyflowers.JPG

In the birdhouse, I took my favorite picture of the whole trip:
littlebirdie.JPG

And the bird facing away from the camera reminded me of someone that posts here......... :fly:
theacbird.JPG

After the Wild Animal Park, we headed back up to Anaheim and Disneyland. They've really gone all out with the 50th Anniversary thing. I have to say, the fireworks display is mighty impressive though. We were there for the three full days, and the longest we ever waited to ride on anything was half an hour. Needless to say, we rode a lot of rides :D Not going to bore you with the pictures of the kids with the characters, the parades, etc; I did take a picture of the new castle, the fireworks, and there's a pic of me and the family in front of the waterfall at California Adventure:

The new castle (at dusk, right before the fireworks)
newcastle.JPG

A few pics from the fireworks display:
fireworks.JPG

fireworks2.JPG

fireworks3.JPG

fireworks4.JPG

Me with the family:
thefamily.JPG

Next day, SeaWorld. Maybe it's just me, but it's really not as fun as it used to be... yeah, you can feed the seals and the dolphins, watch Shamu and all that other crap. Just kinda bored me this time. Here's a few pics though.

Big polar bear:
polarbear.JPG

Picture from the dolphin show:
dolphinjump.JPG

Couple pics from the killer whale show:

whaleshow.JPG

whaleshow2.JPG

One of the last things we did was go to the beach..... wasn't that nice of a day, so I didn't take too many pictures. About the only interesting thing was this little whatever it is that I saw:
weirdthingie.JPG

And with that, I'm done.

b_sinning said:
The last picture looks like an organ. Uneaten piece of heart maybe?

It's entirely possible...... lotsa sharks in the area according to the news. That could actually be the remnants of a border crossing gone wrong I guess :eek:

BigDov said:
It's entirely possible...... lotsa sharks in the area according to the news. That could actually be the remnants of a border crossing gone wrong I guess :eek:
possibly, I hear mexicans taste good with a little salt...

smileynev said:
needs more pics of wife.

Cute kids.

:lol: I KNEW that was coming...... okay. Just for you.

We went to breakfast with the princesses one morning, it was pure, unadulterated hell. The only redeeming value to it was that they were all just knockouts. That's where this pic is from:
4nev001.JPG

And then a pic with Minnie:
4nev002.JPG

Thanks, I think they're kinda cute too :)

BigDov said:
:lol: I KNEW that was coming...... okay. Just for you.

We went to breakfast with the princesses one morning, it was pure, unadulterated hell. The only redeeming value to it was that they were all just knockouts. That's where this pic is from:
4nev001.JPG

And then a pic with Minnie:
4nev002.JPG

Thanks, I think they're kinda cute too :)

You have a very pretty wife. So you have 4 girls? I grew up with 5 sisters and no brothers, luckily we had lots of neighbor boys to keep us from being sissys.

This looks like fun, I can't wait till our kids are old enough to go and do stuff like this.

So, did you borrow one of those princess outfits for later?

kiwi said:
You have a very pretty wife. So you have 4 girls? I grew up with 5 sisters and no brothers, luckily we had lots of neighbor boys to keep us from being sissys.

This looks like fun, I can't wait till our kids are old enough to go and do stuff like this.

Why thank you :) Nope, just 3; the 4th one in that pic is my niece.

Yeah, this was an absolute blast- the two older ones were big enough to ride pretty much everything, and they made sure we did just that :D

Bakersfield is my home town! How'd you like it? I spent my formative years there.