What I did with my summer vacation...... (pics warning)

BigDov said:
There's a drive through one here in Oregon, but it's not even worth comparing :eek: If you've got the extra $150, you can even go on a photo excursion down in the valley among the beasties.... if I had the digital SLR I've been slobbering over, I woulda done it.

edit- the San Diego Wild Animal Park has the photo excursion, not the cheap roadside attraction in Oregon. Sorry for confusion.

Which digital SLR do you want and what camera do you currently have?

BigDov said:
I'm leaning toward the 20D and I've currently got a KonicaMinolta Z2 (4mp)

Everyone one my photog board that has one of those loves them. I one day wouldn't mind a Mark II (now 16 megapixel :drool: ), but that is quite a ways away.

fly said:
Although cool as hell, I just don't understand the need for expensive digital SLRs...

Quality. With a technically correct picture, I could enlarge it to 30"x40" and have a gorgeous picture. I haven't done anything bigger than a 16x20 yet, but can't wait till I have a reason to get a really big one (24x30 or 30x40 or something). Also as a photographer I want the freedom of an SLR over just a basic digital camera to be able to achieve the look I want.

I can't believe you right here where I live and I didn't know it....:( **cries**

Glad you had fun :heart:

That is part of the kelp. It's filled with air and it makes it float. We used to put them in the fire and wait for them to pop :D

BigDov said:
One of the last things we did was go to the beach..... wasn't that nice of a day, so I didn't take too many pictures. About the only interesting thing was this little whatever it is that I saw:
weirdthingie.JPG

And with that, I'm done.

Fat Burger said:
I assume you mean the 1Ds Mark II, since there are a couple of "Mark II"s :p

Yea, the brand new one. (I currently have Fuji and Nikon stuff and couldn't remember the full name :( )

kiwi said:
Yea, the brand new one. (I currently have Fuji and Nikon stuff and couldn't remember the full name :( )

The 1Ds/1Ds Mark II has a full-frame sensor.

Why are you wanting to go to Canon if you already have Nikon stuff, though? You could get a D2x and keep all your glass.

EDIT:
Besides the fact that the Nikon is $3000 less.

Fat Burger said:
The 1Ds/1Ds Mark II has a full-frame sensor.

Why are you wanting to go to Canon if you already have Nikon stuff, though? You could get a D2x and keep all your glass.

EDIT:
Besides the fact that the Nikon is $3000 less.

I actually only have 2 lenses right now anyway, and I doubt I'll be going Canon it's just that it's new and very tempting. I will probably be getting a D70 next for a back up (I currently have the Fuji S2) and then I will save my money till I can afford one of the higher end cameras and get whichever is best at that point, I will probably stick with Nikon though.

Woah what a beautiful family!!
I dont want to have lunch with you anymore, unless you bring your wife :drool:

I can;t believe you have that many daughters... wow... good luck once they hit 13 :p