What games were worth the $$ for you?

jaxxor said:
I avoided X-2 for that reason. I heard it was a bag of poop and fart. I did want to see how it came out though.

I got into 7 late, and played it after 8 and X. After those two I couldn't hardly look at it because the graphics were uglier than a bucket of assholes. I was really into the story though. Never made it out of that big building with the stairs in disc 1...

The ending to X-2 made me really angry... I turn the game into gamestop (they were offering $18 for it :cool: ) about a week after it came out.

I also played 7 after 8, but before 10. The reason you didn't like 7 is essentially one of the main reasons that most people didn't like 8; it looked/felt completely different. Nevertheless, it's a really great game, and I would highly recommend that you finish it. :D

berzerker said:
The ending to X-2 made me really angry... I turn the game into gamestop (they were offering $18 for it :cool: ) about a week after it came out.

I also played 7 after 8, but before 10. The reason you didn't like 7 is essentially one of the main reasons that most people didn't like 8; it looked/felt completely different. Nevertheless, it's a really great game, and I would highly recommend that you finish it. :D

I would, but I did give away my Playstation devices. Although now that they have that slim case PS2 out for some ridiculous low price I may get suckered in again....

Oh, I forgot to mention the staple Lucas Arts collection: All the Monkey Island games, Day of the Tenticle, Sam and Max, and Full Throttle. I liked the sierra games (kings quest, police quest), but usually their item usage was so random, it drove me nuts. Space Quest kicked ass though.

berzerker said:

i'm a huge fan of 9 as well. pretty graphics, amazing plot, good battle system, and fun sidequests and games and stuff.

F33nX said:
i'm a huge fan of 9 as well. pretty graphics, amazing plot, good battle system, and fun sidequests and games and stuff.

I still haven't played 9! :mad:

bast_imret said:
Oh, I forgot to mention the staple Lucas Arts collection: All the Monkey Island games, Day of the Tenticle, Sam and Max, and Full Throttle. I liked the sierra games (kings quest, police quest), but usually their item usage was so random, it drove me nuts. Space Quest kicked ass though.

What about the one with the skeleton detective???? Shit what was it called?? That game was a kick too.

edit- Grim Fandango. That game was alot of fun.

Last edited:
bast_imret said:
Oh heck yeah, Monkey Island I and II were the bees knees

Sam and Max = :drool:, I wish they made a sequel

ChikkenNoodul said:
Oh heck yeah, Monkey Island I and II were the bees knees

Sam and Max = :drool:, I wish they made a sequel
They were going to recently before killing it.

Forrest Dump said:
Ive been eyeballin that new Vampire - Bloodlines (or whatever its called) anybody tried it yet?
Got bleh reviews on Gamespot. That game was sooooo over advertised.

Forrest Dump said:
Gamespot hates anything thats not a PS2 or an EA game anyways.
From what Ive read the open-ended rpg elements really make this game.
I thought it was the bouncing undead titties?

F33nX said:
Any Zelda game ever made (except Adventures of Link. the developers were on crappy acid)
Super Mario World
Quake3
Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and 4

I loved the heroes of M&M series :cool:

the only thing in the past few years that has been worthwhile as a purchase to me has been battlefield

BigDov said:
What about the one with the skeleton detective???? Shit what was it called?? That game was a kick too.

edit- Grim Fandango. That game was alot of fun.

Yup, I've got that one too. Manny Calavera. He was a pimp skeleton.