What dumb thing have you heard today?

I was at Walmart a little bit ago (mistake #1, but its cheap to get toilet paper and cleaning supplies). This white trash lady picks up a video game and goes Lisa, hey Lisa. And she keeps saying it louder and lounder and over and over. Then she's talking to her self and was like oh I mean Linda hey Linda and geeh, Linda finally turned around.

NeedMoreEmo said:
Maybe because it says in the bible that God should always be number one in your heart and he'll accept no other place. Just because you've found love doesn't mean your faith should be lessened, or that she'll be willing to give up an ounce of hers.

True, she just isn't the one that has enough caring for me AND God to keep me happy while holding onto her love for God.
If I have to be compromised and kicked to the curb then she isn't the one.

NeedMoreEmo said:
It's a hard pill to swallow but you sometimes have to accept that you are the number one in someone elses life. You should concentrate on the fact you matter to that person, not on ranking number.

Detman: If you didn't love this chick you wouldnt still be with her, if you're going to start playing games with her you should atleast explore all avenues. Talk to her, lay it on the line, I'm willing to bet with all your backbreaking to please her you haven't given her the full extent of how exasperated you are with the relationship.

You're 100% right. I've tried so hard to be the nice little christian and I've gotten stomped for it. I haven't been truthful with her because I have tried to spare her feelings from being hurt. She is walking around thinking she is the best thing since powdered toast when really she isn't any better at making me feel special than anyone else I've dated in my life.

I need to articulate that to her...but how can I do it without blatantly comparing her to my exes?

Detman101 said:
You're 100% right. I've tried so hard to be the nice little christian and I've gotten stomped for it. I haven't been truthful with her because I have tried to spare her feelings from being hurt. She is walking around thinking she is the best thing since powdered toast when really she isn't any better at making me feel special than anyone else I've dated in my life.

I need to articulate that to her...but how can I do it without blatantly comparing her to my exes?

There's lying for the sake of someone elses feelings but it gets to a certain point where it comprimises your own too much. You just have to tell her that if she doesn't reciprocate what you're feeling then she cant be the right one for you. But you should learn to accept nobody will ever be perfect, I think you expect someone to be your carbon copy, to be able to feel everything you do exactly the same and at the same time and it's not going to happen. Just lay it on the line, tell her up straight that the vibe you're getting from her isn't what you're trying to give her in return. It's better she knows what she can lose, than never knows what she's lost.

Pandora said:
Can't think of the dumbest thing I've heard...

But the funniest thing I heard today was from one of the ladies in the office here. She came in from lunch and told me, "I got two shots in my butt and now it hurts like hell."

*eyes the tamale thread again* "one of the ladies" you say?? I call bullshit on that :lol:

:heart:

ps- how's work going you big fibber?

NeedMoreEmo said:
There's lying for the sake of someone elses feelings but it gets to a certain point where it comprimises your own too much. You just have to tell her that if she doesn't reciprocate what you're feeling then she cant be the right one for you. But you should learn to accept nobody will ever be perfect, I think you expect someone to be your carbon copy, to be able to feel everything you do exactly the same and at the same time and it's not going to happen. Just lay it on the line, tell her up straight that the vibe you're getting from her isn't what you're trying to give her in return. It's better she knows what she can lose, than never knows what she's lost.

You're right. I have to let her know how much I'm starving for love here.
The time has come.
Thank you.
:heart: