What do you....

kiwi

Messin’ with Sasquatch
Apr 22, 2005
Summer
Marklar
₥15,707
I know we have a whole slew of desired temp ranges in here and I was curious, what do you set your thermostats too?

In the winter, I don't like to go below 74, 72 minimum. In the summer, I just upped it top 85 and our a/c is on 24 hours a day. I know some of you are thinking thats insanely hot, but our thermostat is in the upstairs hallway, whch seems to be the hottest part of the house. The bedrooms stay much cooler and nicer then an actual 85.

I know we have a whole slew of desired temp ranges in here and I was curious, what do you set your thermostats too?

In the winter, I don't like to go below 74, 72 minimum. In the summer, I just upped it top 85 and our a/c is on 24 hours a day. I know some of you are thinking thats insanely hot, but our thermostat is in the upstairs hallway, whch seems to be the hottest part of the house. The bedrooms stay much cooler and nicer then an actual 85.

I agree with the winter temp. I was born in florida and grew up mostly in the souf, I can't sleep at 70. well I can but I won't want to get out of bed in the morning. if it's 72/74 then I can get out of bed easierly...

I can handle heat a lot better than cold so in the summer I usually prefer to use ceiling fans unless it's absolutely sweltering and then I'll drop it into the mid 80s range

i have a programmed thermostat. highest standard heat setting is 70 for morning wakeup, but 68 for getting home from work.

ac goes to 80 in the morning, 84 for getting home from work. that's because i haven't been home much lately. whenever i'm home i usually bump it down to 80 or 78 temporarily, but i like to let it climb up until i notice it's too hot. helps me get acclimated.

before i got the programmed thermostat my winter heating bills were insane. as high as $300 some months.

in the winter we usually keep the thermostat at 68, in the summer we keep it at about 74-76

62-65 when we're home, 70 when we aren't. This is summer and winter.

Blinds and drapes stay drawn pretty much at all times. Dark and cold, me likes caves.

68winter/78summer, though this summer i've been getting away with 75. i just HATE being hot, and we're home all day long.

why would you make it warmer when you aren't there in the winter.

:lol: Okay so I don't turn the heat up in the winter.

Mostly in the winter we leave the heat set at 62-65, and we have windows open, the heat rarely ever kicks on.

I think that's the only thing I'm going to miss about a 2nd floor apartment.

heat at 60F during winter when sleeping, 68 to 70F when awake in the house, 66F when out of house.
A/C at n/a as I don't have one. fucking sucks hardcore. already had 90+F days. no sleep when it is 85F inside.

We are thrilled when our G&E bill is $200.00. In extreme warm or cold it's well over $300.00 and we are facing a 33% increase in our bill beginning July 1.

Ouch, I feel bad for the 200 one we just got and am figuring out exactly how hot we can stand it for July and Aug.